Question Of The Day, Friday, July 5

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toast is awesome! I love so many different types of bread, but I prefer white breads/light rye flavor wise. And don't skimp on the butter!
I also like butter with cinnamon and sugar and sometimes when I'm caving some sweetness I'll put jam. Depending on the type of bread I'll cut in half or in quarters. If it's an un-sliced light airy bread, I'll cut thick slices (so it holds up to all the butter!) but overall I'm not too picky on the thickness.
Sometimes I wonder if it's the toast I like or if it's because it's a way for me to eat butter.;)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brioche, sourdough, French, artisanal white. I cut my toast in half straight down the middle. Diagonally cut bread drives me nuts for some reason :runaround: On just toast, I do plain butter, sometimes butter and jam (strawberry or raspberry or maybe something more unusual like mango), or just plain Skippy peanut butter. I never grew up eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I didn't have my first PB&J until college :eek2:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a toaster and I haven't yet needed one so I haven't bought one. There are times when I want toast, but alas can't make it, but those moments don't happen often enough for me to buy a toaster. Anyway, when I do make toast, I usually prefer white bread or potato bread. I like thicker slices too. As for toppings/spreads, I usually will just do salted butter and then strawberry jam. I love the salty/sweet combo. While I love peanut butter, I don't buy it anymore because I can't control myself around it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I seriously can't have wheat, but I discovered these.. they cost an arm and a leg so it's not an everyday thing, but they are delicious! Sol Gluten Free Paleo Rolls x 4
with a low fodmap butter, which is to die for.. much nicer than the dairy type. That's topped with chunky marmalade or organic peanut butter.