Question Of The Day, Friday, July 5

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Let's talk about toast today. What's your favorite bread for toast? Thick? Thin? Whole wheat, multi-grain, white? How do you cut your toast? In half? In half diagonally? Into quarters? And what do you put on your toast? Just butter? Preserves? Peanut butter? How do you prefer your toast?

I'm a sourdough fan and I'll purposely make sourdough bread, slice it thickly, and toast it that way. I don't slice my toast and I only use butter. Sometimes, but rarely, I'll slather my toast with apple butter. Apple butter is big in Pennsylvania and we buy it locally.

Oh, and I usually have two pieces. I really love toast! Rick laughs at me, but I do love my toast.

So....what's your preference for toast?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like French, Italian, or Rye with seeds, and butter, and sometimes peanut butter with thinly sliced bananas. I like the toast thin and cut diagonally.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like French, Italian, or Rye with seeds, and butter, and sometimes peanut butter with thinly sliced bananas. I like the toast thin and cut diagonally.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like toast, with butter and raspberry jam. Maybe it is that I like raspberry jam, and toast and butter go great with that! I never cut toast, I eat entire slices. Rye is great with raspberry jam. Sourdough is okay, too. Spelt bread as toast is good with jams, but spelt toast is also good with a touch of butter plus tahini on it!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if i like the bread, then i like it as toast. :D some of my favorites are white bread, wheat, seeded rye is wonderful, and sourdough. i really like multigrain breads, and i enjoy english muffins and bagels toasted, too.

occasionally, i'll have peanut butter on my toast, but most times it's margarine almost always with jam/jelly/preserves.

other than slicing an english muffin or bagel in half before toasting, i don't slice my toast before eating.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like toast with butter and cinnamon sugar. Peanut Butter or Preserves is good too. I also love egg bagels. I like all kinds of bread, it's fun to try different types. Potato bread is tasty.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I. . .don't eat toast. Haha, I never thought of it before. Unless I get a big breakfast at a restaurant that includes toast, then I ask for wheat bread. I don't even have a loaf of bread in the house, except a sourdough loaf in the freezer that I got the last time I was at Trader Joe's. I like plain butter on sourdough.

I do like bagels VERY toasted. Black on top.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toast is one of my favorite things to eat. My homemade white, homemade oatmeal, or homemade English muffin bread (not English muffins) are my favorites, but I like all toast except rye and pumpernickel. Sourdough rye is okay. I just like butter. Once in a very great while, I will have cinnamon and sugar toast. It has been a couple of years since I have had it that way. Sometimes I cut it on an angle. Not a perfect diagonal. Al off center one. Medium to almost dark toasted. I will eat lightly browned toast, though. I just do not like the kind that is "pretend toasted." That pale, barely warm stuff with the smallest bit of browning.

If I have breakfast, 99% of the time, it is toast. Sometimes, in the cooler months, I like to have toast with hot chocolate, typically with melty marshmallows. I dip the toast in it. My husband used to think it was weird. That was until he actually tried it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite bread for toasting is this English muffin bread I make,and I like it toasted very well....very crunchy,and with peanut butter.Cut or not doesn't matter to me.If I'm making it,I don't cut it.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! There are a bunch of toast lovers here!

I like rye or 12 grain toast with butter - the real stuff, not margarine - and either grape jelly or toasted garlic sprinkle from Penzey's. I like sourdough, but it tends to be expensive and I am cheap! I am far too uncouth to slice my toast in half. :biggrin: