Question Of The Day, Friday, January 5

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The downstairs bathroom has a sort of avocado green and gold flecked pattern. The floor is off-white with gold flecks. The green is more like little strings. I sometimes make "cloud pictures" out of it. However, whoever made it did slip some "cookies" into it. There's a clear question mark, a cartoon caterpillar, and an open-mouthed alligator if you know where to look. My husband and even our granddaughter saw them.

The upstairs bath will wake you up! It was done when our daughter was young and we've never re-done it. It's all wallpaper, a sort of cream background with odd geometric shapes in bright orange, bright yellow, bright lime green, and Dutch blue. Why we let her pick that, I'll never know, but there it is. Someday it's going to be too much and I'm going to rip that paper off with my bare hands.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's a......beige type color. whoever had it painted did not use a gloss paint, and no exhaust fan, so condensation from using the shower leaves drips that run down the walls and dry. :headshake: if/when i remodel the bathroom, i'm thinking to paint it either a cream color or a very light tan/sand color -- gloss paint.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The paint in my bathroom is grey. That's sounds rather depressing ! :lol:
But, it's a room that gets flooded with sunlight and it works well with the white tiles.
It does look better than it sounds :D
It sound exactly like my upstairs bathroom. Last January, I painted it a light grey, which has a slight pale blue undertone. everything else is white, including the floor, and it looks pretty.

Our tiny (3 feet wide) downstairs bathroom is nice. I painted it a very dark, kind of mocha, tan, and we installed deep, glossy-white crown molding, a white vanity, with a tan with speckled granite vanity top. The sink is rectangular, and angled. I had on old black with gold trim mirror, which picks ups the speckles in the vanity top.

DH's bathroom, also upstairs, never got renovated, and it's been ugly since we moved in in 2005. It's a medium tan, with an awful Victorian bathtubs border.We did buy a new vanity and tiled the floor, though.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's a......beige type color. whoever had it painted did not use a gloss paint, and no exhaust fan, so condensation from using the shower leaves drips that run down the walls and dry. :headshake:

Eww:eek: It's a lot worse with a wallpapered bathroom like at my parents' house. Ancient paper-type wallpaper + no exhaust fan = moldy, peeling, water stained wallpaper :cringe: There is a window but it's been non-functional since well before I was born.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bathroom is creamy-white but we have blue tiles, though we're going to have it re-decorated next week. We're changing it to a light blue colour and will be removing the tiles.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eww:eek: It's a lot worse with a wallpapered bathroom like at my parents' house. Ancient paper-type wallpaper + no exhaust fan = moldy, peeling, water stained wallpaper :cringe: There is a window but it's been non-functional since well before I was born.
yup, it's not nice. in my case, i have it planned to have an exhaust fan installed in the next several years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Years ago, we rented a single-family home that had a light purple bathroom. The walls were light purple, the toilet, tub, and sink were light purple. White woodwork and white cabinets. It was gorgeous and I loved that bathroom.