Question of the Day, Friday, January 31

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fiona the hippo says the Chiefs will win :D.
Fiona the hippo's Super Bowl prediction: A yawn for the Chiefs
But this is only her 3rd prediction and she's only 50/50 so far.

No, I don't watch the Superbowl. I couldn't possibly care any less about football. If I were invited to a party I'd go, just for the food and hanging around with friends. But I don't know if any friends are even having a party.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I hate sports except for figure skating. Thankfully, my husband only likes Premier League soccer and FIFA and only watches it in our bedroom on his computer so that I can have the tv. Even then, he is not a devoted watcher. If it is on and he is home, he may watch. Unless it is the World Cup. In that case, he absolutely will watch it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not watching. As a veteran, when players started kneeling it offended me no end, and I swore that not only would I never watch another game, but that I would never buy any product with the NFL logo on it.
Not to start anything, but they kneel because there are citizens of the US who are treated as less than human beings because of the color of their skin. It has nothing to do with disrespecting veterans.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to start anything, but they kneel because there are citizens of the US who are treated as less than human beings because of the color of their skin. It has nothing to do with disrespecting veterans.
True, and I am exercising my prerogative as a citizen to tell those overpaid primadonnas to take their league and shove it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been a fan of football, I prefer hockey. But DH loves sports and is rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs. If I'm in the family room while he's watching tv I will probably be on my computer and check out the commercials. Carleton will be with me but I don't think he'll care who wins the Super Bowl either. :lol:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dislike American Football, so it is definitely a no for me. Not interested in half time shows either - especially since Jennifer Lopez is going to perform this year (Ah, the great overrated celeb and fake, queen of the ghost singers) no thanks. And how despicable the players have been in the past few years, a double no thanks.

Some football fans are annoying too, making fun and dumping on other sports for being "boring" - and yeeeeet, there have been some very amazing and exciting FIFA World Cup Finals, while there have been some very dull and flat Super Bowl finals over the past couple years. So you all can bite my hiney.

I'll gladly stick with rugby instead too :thumbsup:

rugby.gif

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True, and I am exercising my prerogative as a citizen to tell those overpaid primadonnas to take their league and shove it.
But they were always overpaid prima donnas, who abused their wives and children, raped and assaulted women, did drugs, tortured dogs, behaved badly in general, and got away with it because they played a game well, and everybody thought that was hunky-dory until one guy---a decent human being by all accounts---decided to call attention to police brutality. Because apparently THAT'S a bridge too far. Pardon me while I ponder the total lack of human decency this reveals.
OMG, someone who actually knows how to speak proper English.
Thank you.
Why of course :D.
I'll gladly stick with rugby instead too
My brother PLAYS rugby :fear: . It's a little much for me.

On the plus side (maybe?), when I went shopping today lots of snacks and things were on sale, so i bought too much.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As not American expat in the States, I really wanted to experience this, watching at some friends or in a public place, to experience the cultural, not sporty aspects. I watched few Seahawks games, I hardly understand the game and as soon as I get into it, there are so many breaks that I loose focus completely. But we tend to travel around this time each year (it’s around my birthday and we like to celebrate it in a nice place) so it didn’t happen yet and won’t happen this weekend. Maybe next year, if we’re still around.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I won't watch. I don't even know who is playing. My husband totally turned me off on football. He watched every game that was on, and ignored his family. One New Year's Day, he watched four games one after the other for 12 hours. I could hardly get him to the table for a holiday dinner. So, no, I never watch now. Can't even stand the sound of the game.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But they were always overpaid prima donnas, who abused their wives and children, raped and assaulted women, did drugs, tortured dogs, behaved badly in general, and got away with it because they played a game well, and everybody thought that was hunky-dory until one guy---a decent human being by all accounts---decided to call attention to police brutality. Because apparently THAT'S a bridge too far. Pardon me while I ponder the total lack of human decency this reveals.

Why of course :D.

My brother PLAYS rugby :fear: . It's a little much for me.

On the plus side (maybe?), when I went shopping today lots of snacks and things were on sale, so i bought too much.
They may have been primadonnas, but not always overpaid. They once had to work a second job off-season to pay the bills. It wasn't until the era of the AFL and the Joe Namath contract that the bigger money started flowing, and it hasn't stopped. As for not watching, it is my choice based on my reasons. You can choose your own for watching or not.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder that this is not the IMO forum and any comments about political statements, etc should go there.

Well, unfortunately my team is not in it this year. I guess we need to let others play. :wink: I'm sure we'll have it on, but I won't be staying up to watch the end of it. No party or special food planned. I'm hoping for a Jimmy G win, but don't mind if the Chiefs win either.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn't until the era of the AFL and the Joe Namath contract that the bigger money started flowing,
Just thought I'd point out that Joe Namath was fully retired before I was born, and I'm no spring chicken ;).

Haha, one of my coworkers is wearing a Vikings sweatshirt, and if anyone asks who he wants to win, he says "the Vikings". I guess he doesn't like either team :lol: .

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a big Redskin fan but I have kind of lost interest in football the last few years. I don't like the Redskin's owner. I may watch a little of the game. I really don't care who wins. I did buy some tortilla chips and spinach dip to eat during the game.