Question of the Day, Friday, January 31

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good Morning! :wave3:

Will you be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday? Are you supporting a team? Will you make something special to eat? If so, what will you make? Will you catch the SB halftime show? If you're not watching the SB, what will you be watching? Or doing?

Rick will be hanging out in the shed with a friend, watching the SB. He doesn't have any favorite team; since the Eagles aren't in it, he doesn't care. I'm going to make stromboli for our snack/dinner. We'll have some crackers and dip. That will be pretty much it for us. I'll either watch something on tv or I'll read a book.

What about you?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're definitely watching :) even though the Denver Broncos aren't in it. I'm sort of rooting for Kansas City, but we'll see.

Half time? Maybe briefly for curiosity, and after seeing some previews, the advertisements don't look like they'll be great except maybe for a couple of them. We actually enjoyed the recap of "the best Superbowl ads" that they had a couple days ago better lol.

We're keeping it simple with sandwiches (braunschweiger, for something different and fun) and chips, no dip, --at least I don't think we'll have any.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every February 2nd since 2004 when I studied abroad in France and learned they have crêpes for La Chandleur/Candlemas, I've had crêpes, so at some point we'll be heading to my favorite crêpe restaurant (or if the weather is bad the local French restaurant - one year during a blizzard I ended up at a nearby Baker's Square, and another, my mom made them at home, so at least where we live now we have an actual French place close by).

As far as the football game goes, we may or may not turn it on. Don't really care.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Neither hubby nor I are sports fans but he does like to watch the Super Bowl. He's been into street tacos lately so we'll probably have ingredients on hand to make some taco snacks.

I'll sit in the TV room with him but won't really be watching. I figure it's the perfect opportunity to start my embroidery project. :)

IMG_6058.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn’t know it was this weekend! 🤪 The only sport DH makes me watch is Track & Field. I wouldn’t mind one game a year; for the food! Maybe we could do Brinner or something but we don’t have cable to watch anyway. I just like the idea of something fun. Appetizers and tailgate food looks so unhealthy but totally yummy. :paperbag:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not. I usually work on Sundays but I have jury duty next week so I'm not working on Sunday. My brother is going to my parents' house to watch it and I can go there if I want to, but I've got a cold, so I'll have to see how I feel. I don't like football anyway, so I'd only go to hang out with my family.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What channel is it on? We don't have DirecTV anymore, just rabbit ears antenna on the roof. If I get the channel, then I'll turn it on in the background. I mostly watch it for the music at the halftime show. I used to be really into it when I was younger and would buy a t-shirt and root for a team. But once I started hearing about the brain injuries they get, that was a big turn-off. I wish they could just play tag-football like we did in school.

Not sure what we are having for dinner that night, maybe pizza.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What channel is it on? We don't have DirecTV anymore, just rabbit ears antenna on the roof. If I get the channel, then I'll turn it on in the background. I mostly watch it for the music at the halftime show. I used to be really into it when I was younger and would buy a t-shirt and root for a team. But once I started hearing about the brain injuries they get, that was a big turn-off. I wish they could just play tag-football like we did in school.

Not sure what we are having for dinner that night, maybe pizza.
It's on FOX. No idea what the channel number would be. it would depend on who you use to get your TV service.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not watching. As a veteran, when players started kneeling it offended me no end, and I swore that not only would I never watch another game, but that I would never buy any product with the NFL logo on it.
I'm not a veteran (just someone who respects them greatly) but I agree with you 100%. I was never a fan to begin with so it was no loss to them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not a sports fan so won't be watching. I am originally from Kansas so I would like to see Kansas City wins. It has been a long time since they have been in a Super Bowl so I also kind of look at them as a underdog.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't watch football. Not against the sport in general, I just never got into it, nor do I understand the game. To be honest I don't even know who is playing or who is performing at halftime. I used to support my high school team, but that was more about the atmosphere and cheering on friends, I was always lost and just cheered when everyone else did. :paperbag:
As for food, we do take advantage of deals that some local restaurants put on for the Super Bowl and will treat ourselves to takeout, we don't get takeout often. One in particular is the pizza and wing deal from the restaurant (not a chain) down the street. They make a really good pizza and my husband likes their wings (I'm not much of a wing person).

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not especially interested in sports. But the local fire station is offering Superbowl Sunday barbecue so I will drive over, get a half rack of ribs and their semi-spicy mango chicken wings and call it good.