Question Of The Day, Friday, January 12

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
One of my co-workers and I have had a big discussion about this subject. As I said, I have no problem with it, whether it's fast food or a regular restaurant. I either bring a book with me to read or I sit and people-watch. My co-worker says that he would never do that because people would think he's a loser. To which I replied, "Seriously? Why?" He has a thing about being alone; he won't go out and walk alone either, for the same reason. And again, I asked him why on earth people would think that and why he would care. He said that when he first started working there, he felt sorry for me because I was walking by myself. Then when he got to know me and realized that I didn't want to walk with anybody else, that I enjoyed walking alone, he thought I was weird.

Most of the time, I do carry my own breakfast/lunch and I eat in my cube. But sometimes, esp since I'm not walking outside for the time being, I just need to get away from my four walls and I'll go outside to lunch. Or I'll go over to the library or just sit in my car at the park with a book. I never saw anything wrong with it.

Thanks for your answers!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This is kind of sad but, as much as I love being alone, I always think it's "not worth it" to go to a restaurant by myself. I'm more likely to grab a sandwich from a convenience store and eat in the park or as I walk around then sit down in a restaurant. If I'm going to spend more than a couple of hundred yen on food I want to have some company and conversation while we eat.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup to both, with or without waitstaff. But not 100% alone, I usually take a book with me. :)
Bingo! I mostly eat alone,but I know where all the best truck stop diners are. And I always bring a book,mainly because small talk from other truckers often leaves much to be desired. Never known a job with more unhappy people doing it. Negativity breeds,so I'd rather just live in my little world.

And I never eat the buffet. I want my food hot off the grill,but I tip well...omg,I could go on and on.