Question Of The Day, Friday, February 9

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :woo:

Our question this morning concerns waking up in the morning: What time do you usually awaken? Are you an early riser or a late sleeper? Do you tend to sleep in on weekends?

We get out of bed at 4:45 every morning, weekday, weekend, holiday....you name it, we're up; the kids make sure of it. I'm feeding the kids, Rick is taking The Beast out for her first pee. On weekends, Rick will go back to bed for (what he calls) a morning nap. Sometimes I will, too, but not all that often because once I'm up and moving around, then it's difficult for me to go back to sleep. (Although we were both off work yesterday and both of us went back to bed; I never awakened again until 10:00!)

How about you?

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to be at work at 6 AM Monday-Friday so I get up at 5. I am not a morning person in ANY way but I like leaving at 2:30. I feed the kids before I leave. The weekends are a different story. I don't get up early unless I have to take DD to work. The kids don't wake me up. They are usually snuggled up with me.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get up for work at 05:15 but I like a lie in when not working. I feel better off less sleep than the standard 8hrs because I don't breathe right when asleep (Mrs Phil says). However, I still can't resist the lie when I can.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The general rule is I wake up about seven. I get up and make the coffee while hubby sleeps in. He stays up a lot later than I do at night.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our question this morning concerns waking up in the morning: What time do you usually awaken?
When Leroy starts whining and walking all over me because he wants breakfast :rolleyes: So that's by 4am every day. During the week it's fine since I have to get out the door to go to work a little after 5am. On weekends, I feed the cats, wash their bowls, and go back to bed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I usually wake up between 6-6:30 a.m. Even if I try to sleep in Carleton has a built in alarm clock, lol. ;)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It was 5:45, but this week we have been getting up at 5:00. That may be our new norm. I'm an early to bed and an early riser, but this is taking some getting used to. I do sleep later on weekends, but not tht much later.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am an early bird. I wake up at 5:30 am weekdays, usually without my alarm.
Weekends I sleep in a bit later if my husband is kind enough to get up and feed the cats. But even still, when I say "sleep in" I mean maybe, 6:30 am or thereabouts. Once the sun starts to come up that's it for me.
I am much more on point early in the day. I tend to lag come late afternoon. I've always been that way.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I randomly wake several times at night, every two hours or so, for no apparent reason. Unless I have a seriously blocked nose, I do not snore, so it is not apnea or anything. I just think I am an owl, I find it easier to sleep during the day and feel more active during the night.

As for getting up itself, now that I am not working I get up at 9:30; when I worked I got up at 7:05 (or 6:45 when I taught at the port). This may seem crazily late for people outside Spain, but it isn't, trust me.
On the weekends I tend to stay in bed up to 10:30~11:00. Sometimes I am just reading or playing with the cats, not really wanting to have breakfast yet :lol:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tend to wake up by 4:45am most days. Depending on which office I am working out of my alarm is set for either 3:30am or 5am. So on the 3:30am days my alarm wakes me up, the 5am days I usually pet Rocket until my alarm goes off, and on weekends I will get up, eat breakfast and take care of the cats before going back to bed until 8 or 9am. Although I do need to start going for a walk on weekends before taking a mid morning nap, I am so out of shape. :frustrated:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My alarm is set for 6:01 every day (something about that extea minute - I've been doing it since high school) and I take medications/vitamins, etc so it's the same time every day. Then on weekends I usually go back to bed. How late I sleep depends on how much my students exhausted me that week. :p

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I drive at night,and sleep during the day. My company NEVER puts pressure on its drivers to drive stupid. EVER! They would rather have a happy,healthy and SAFE driver that is consistent than anything else. Whenever I feel like it,I pull over and take a nap. Greatest job....ever.

Mind you,I wake up several times during my sleep cycle...because I am old and can't sleep for 8 hours straight. I am posting now because I woke up. I'll go back to sleep in an hour or so after I have some hot tea and read a few chapters of my current book.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a morning person. Not at all. I have to be at work at 7:30 though, so my alarm goes off (the first time, lol) at 6:35. I have to work on Saturdays too so I don't get to sleep in most weekends :/. On holidays I sleep in, usually until at least 11 am.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not much of a morning person, but I physically can't stay in bed beyond 5.30am - it just starts to hurt too much :ohwell: I try not to get up earlier than 4-4.30am, though. 5am is what I aim for. I get up, feed the girls (the boys are shut in with dad overnight, so they wait for their breakfast), grab some tea, fill hot water bottles and microwave heat pads, then take my meds and curl up on the sofa with Asha for a couple of hours. By then, the heat has done it's work and I can move more easily. I miss being able to have lie-ins though :sniffle: