question of the day Friday feb 10th

Arya Underfoot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I injured my neck I don't read books much (too lazy to set up the book stand) but I've always liked fantasy. It started with Star Wars, then Tolkien, Harry Potter and A Song of Ice and Fire (hurry up and finish the damn books!). I like to escape to a more magical world when I'm reading.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Song of Ice and Fire (hurry up and finish the damn books!).
Don't hold your breath about him ever finishing this series. I have given up.

What I *don't* generally like is mystery, suspense, horror, first person style of writing. I like books that have well developed characters/plot (example is the above-named Song of Ice and Fire). I tend to gravitate to fantasy, historical, metaphysics, UFOs, past lives, near death experiences, occasional biographies. But I will read anything if it catches my interest.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been a history buff, with a minor in military history. I like some science fiction; think Asimov, Bradbury, H.G.Wells, Heinlein, or Verne; and for lighter fare, I like the works of Louis L'Amour.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fiction: Contemporary Romance, "Realistic" Sci-Fi (I mean that most of the world is the same, but maybe one element is different like time travel, I love time travel books, or people can read minds or something), Mystery Thrillers
Nonfiction: Medical History, Self-Help, Memoirs, Micro-Histories, Science-Related topics

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to read a lot but recently not anymore. I started reading Reader's Digest when I was around 7 y/o, and upgraded to books, novels. Being a hopeless romantic I used to love reading light-hearted romance stories. I also like autobiographies, true to life mysteries, suspense, anything that took my interest at the moment. One time I even read a book about Astral Traveling.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anything really. I'll read 3 chapters and if I'm not hooked, I'll put the book away and try it again in a month or two.