Question of the Day, Friday, August 6

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

What kind of computer do you have? Do you use a laptop, a desktop, your phone, an iPad? Where is your computer?

We have a desktop in the house with a laptop in the WeShed. When I fractured my tibia, I really started using my iPad most often because I had to be flopped on the couch. Now that I'm doing better with my leg, I'm back on the desktop. The desktop is in our extra bedroom, which hasn't been a bedroom since our son moved out of the house.

I have never used my phone to get online.

What about you? What do you use?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like using the laptop the best. it is easier to navigate and gets to the sites I want quicker and easier than my phone. It is MUCH easier for me to type on too, I still have not mastered those tiny keys on the phone, I was not born into typing on one like all the younger people were. I still do not see the fascination with being on the phone constantly either, like when driving, eating, or walking. Like I see all the time. I can't help but wonder if they are missing out on a lot of life by being constantly connected to others and sharing their lives too.
My laptop is on the island in my kitchen. my phone is usually by my recliner in the living room, when I remember to put it there. I leave it behind a lot. I'm usually close enough to hear it ding or ring and a quick glance tells me if it is important.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have always built my own gaming boxes part by part before my stroke for the simple reason being that i have alll options available to upgrade as needed at anytime. be it water cooling or runnning a bunch of fans to cool the system when over clocked for gaming :rolleyes:but now i just have a lower end gaming lap top that does the job for my rpg games:lol:plus its less wires out for graycie to chew on so thats a win/win just a charger cable to pack away when i leave and thats it

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a desktop (built for me by my son), and a laptop (which I purchased because that was what I could afford when prior desktop gave up the ghost). I will also occasionally use my Fire tablet to check online but rarely post anything from there because the touch screen is so fiddly for typing.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Dell laptop I keep on the couch, which gets used a lot for watching youtube while I'm nursing. I also have an android phone, which is what I'm typing on right now. I tend to use this a bit more these days, especially because I can take pictures on it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly use my Ipads for day to day use but I also have an older HP desktop running Windows 7 that I use for my Etsy business and some things I prefer not to use wireless for. I really need a new one but switching everything over is such a pain.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use my HP laptop more than anything else. My Kindle Fire 10 plus comes in second. The laptop is in the living room. The tablet is usually in my bedroom. I have my work computer here as well since I work from home. It's a Dell desktop and it's also in the living room.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a PC that my husband "put together" i.e,; bought separate parts/motherboard everything so that it would run high speed so that the online virtual world I am involved will render it's graphics at a very high level. This is in our guest room a/k/a home office.

My laptop is an Acer Helios Predator. Also very powerful. I use this the most since working from home. I use it in the living room, so I can watch TV and work at the same time. I have it literally on my lap, but it has a cooling unit under it to protect my legs.

I only use my Android phone as a "computer" when commuting, listing to music, answering emails and surfing online. And to take photos if I don't have my real camera with me.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an HP laptop of some kind. It is mainly kept in my living room. I sometimes use my phone and Kindle to access the Internet, but I rely primarily on my laptop.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I like using the laptop the best. it is easier to navigate and gets to the sites I want quicker and easier than my phone. It is MUCH easier for me to type on too, I still have not mastered those tiny keys on the phone, I was not born into typing on one like all the younger people were. I still do not see the fascination with being on the phone constantly either, like when driving, eating, or walking. Like I see all the time. I can't help but wonder if they are missing out on a lot of life by being constantly connected to others and sharing their lives too.
:yeah: Ditto everything said above!

I like Apple products the best and have used them for years. Even the school I taught at used Apple for a long time. I prefer my laptop and DH prefers his desktop. I hardly ever use my iPhone to go on-line unless I absolutely need to when I'm out. I completely agree with di and bob di and bob that too many people are glued to their phones. A big pet peeve of mine is people walking their dog and constantly on the phone. They're not paying attention to their dog or bonding with them. Instead they're too busy yakking away. :nono:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Lenovo laptop. Most of the time it's on the dining room table hooked to a monitor and keyboard. I had this setup when I was working from home (before retiring in April) and it works well. I have a Samsung smart phone but I don't use it the same way I would a computer. I also have a Kindle Fire, which is mainly for reading or playing games. We have a PC in the family room, but 99.9% of the time my husband uses that one.