Question Of The Day, Friday, August 25

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I must be the only one who doesn't want to change anything major...only thing I would do dif is pull up rugs in master bathroom floor-no clue why they put down carpet in a bathroom. the walls are paneling and they are a pretty green floral design with white background. I really like it. The other thing is new linoleum in the kitchen. Other than that I really don't care how it looks-it's functional. built 1996 so it's pretty modern. I also would update the toilets-these ones are tiny, want ones that flush better-those low water ones stink. And find an antique shower head before the government BS with governor to control the flow of water. I like fast water pressure.

If anything I would change the stuff outside before I would deal with inside. Need new deck desperately. Been putting off due to job insecurity. It's pushed off until 2018 or 2019 now. I much prefer landscaping and messing with plants than anything to do with inside decorating...guess I am just weird. If it's not broke-don't fix it is my motto.

I did update the roof in 2015 and ceilings so that was my big project. Spent enough there-one year left to pay off that loan..so for now...it's all good.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no clue why they put down carpet in a bathroom.
Haha, my parents' house had carpet in the bathroom and kitchen too. The bathroom was bright red and the kitchen bright blue. Why?!? It was hideous. I don't know what people were thinking back then.

I also would update the toilets-these ones are tiny, want ones that flush better-those low water ones stink. And find an antique shower head before the government BS with governor to control the flow of water. I like fast water pressure.
All the toilets are low-flow now, BUT the new ones are so much better thsn the old low-flow ones. I don't know what they did to improve them but they're great. I wish I had replaced the toilet sooner.

As for shower heads, I've never had a problem with the flow from the modern ones. It might be the pressure at your house. They have shower heads that adjust for low pressure now. But again, if you have the older low-flow kind it's worth updating. The new technology is a lot better, and shower heads are pretty cheap.

My uncle re-did my main bathroom the last time he was here, so that's nice now. I want the kitchen done next.