Question of the Day, Friday, April 4

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Friday! It's been another very long week and I'm ready for the weekend.

I'm planning on doing some spring cleaning this weekend. Our weather will be rainy today and on Saturday, but Sunday is supposed to be a fairly nice day. So I need to wash both the Tucson and the Cruiser (the Tucson is going into the garage on Sunday night for repair from the hit-and-run and so I will start driving Clarence, the Cruiser next week).....it's been a while since they were washed and cleaned inside. No car wash....I prefer to drive them out into the back yard and wash them there. Then bring them around to the front yard for a good inside cleaning and window washing. They need a good vacuuming, too. Hopefully I'll get them both done.

I usually wash the cars every other week or so. A good waxing three times a year. 

Do you wash your car? Do you take it to a car wash or do you wash it yourself? How often do you wash your car?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old car only got washed at summer, hand washed and waxed just a couple of times a year. l never took it to a car wash, even at winter. The dirt and salt stayed on it all winter, and it never had a speck of rust.

The truck l bought will be washed more often. l already bought a clay-bar kit and some Black Wax but l haven't done it yet ( l threw my back out a few days ago, so l'm off work for a week, blah! )  l'll likely wash it once every couple of weeks over summer.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually wash it at home, my husband even ran soft water to one spigot outside! In the winter he hates to see all that salt, we take it to the hand car wash then and let it air dry. In the summer we take it to the fancy new wash in a bigger city, but at 15.00 a pop it's just once in a while. In the summer with all the bugs we wash at least every two weeks, usually weekly. I guess I shouldn't say WE. it's my husband's job! I just wait until my car is really dirty and he gets mad and washes mine too! Hey, whatever works!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's illegal to wash your car at home in our town for environmental reasons. It gets taken to a car wash about once or twice a year, though we clean the inside ourselves a lot more often than that.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be so good about keeping my vehicles spotless.  They are covered in pollen right now.

I used to wash my cars myself at least every 2 weeks but now I pay for it a few times a year.  I just haven't had the time or the energy. 

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine gets rinsed when it rains and washed maybe once a year.  We take it to a place that is $5 and gives you tokens for the vacuum.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Car wash, about 2-3 times a year.

For the inside, I clean it myself at home, usually up to 4 times a year.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, .. nice question...

I Use to wash the car every week, but the majority of times I pay for someone do it on Fridays afternoon, for enjoy the car the whole weekend clean! :rolleyes:
Of course I´ll wash it when is very dirty and can´t wait until every fridays in order to protect the paint....:)....:sweat:

Happy Friday Pam! :wavey:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drive it through a car wash. We have used 10 of the 20 free washes from the dealer where my hubby bought his car last summer. I use the ticket too for my truck and they don't seem to care!! I probably get my truck washed every couple of weeks. Seems, though, as soon as I do the weather turns and the truck gets covered with YUCK all over again. We wax our cars twice yearly on our own though. After taking it through the car wash, we drive home and give them a good waxing inside the garage.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH handles this department.  I think both dealerships wash our cars when they go in for services.   So that's probably 4 times a year.  Between that DH will do it a few times a year at the most I think.  He's the one most likely to get out the shop vac and vacuum the inside too.  I keep the Dust Buster in the garage so that's easy to grab and do spot vacuuming when the kids have had snacks in the car.  I don't mind letting DH handle it. He's good at it.  Plus he is much taller than I am so he can reach what I can't! 

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to wash those things? >_>

I used to take my car to the car wash a few times a year, and then wash it in the drive way in the summer. But money being tight as it has been, and me being as tired as I have been, I just don't bother anymore. It's old and ugly. No reason to try to put lipstick on that pig.