Question of the Day - August 7th

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No A/C so surviving with lots of fans (2 oscillating, 2 box, one small window and one celing fan in bedroom. Our house is quad level so I have dehumidifier on in basement and actually the family room isn't too bad-all blinds shut and windows aren't open so doesn't get above upper 70's. The bedrooms on top level are hot though. We don't have ductwork for central A/C and we have casement windows so window units are for the most part not practical. the cats spend lots of time outside or laying on the cement floor of the garage.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Window unit in bedroom and living room. It sure comes in handy last night as it was so humid I had hard time breathing. I don't handle heat well and there were a few times DH didn't turn it on because 'he was fine'. I told him we can switch places- I sit at the couch reading paper sipping ice water, and he cook, clean, feed & play w/kitties...etc. Needless to say the house is always cool when it's hot and humid

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 window units. Our home is small and with all 3 running it keeps the whole house cool. We don't run them everyday only when it is 90 degrees or higher.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately no, just a lot of fans, and a ceiling fan. Since I would only need it about 2 months out of the year I have developed a sort of just suffer threw it attitude.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have central air- and a floor fan in our bedroom- I HATE the heat & LOVE it when its colder than heck in the house

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes we do! And it's a necessity! With metal roof and siding and only 1 tree for shade (on the wrong side of the house!) it's typically at least 10 degrees warmer in the house than it is outside if we don't have it on. That's nice on a sunny winter day, but not in the summer!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, 2 window units as the central needs replacing. Also a box fan in the kitchen to help circulate air. Topaz likes to lay so the air ruffles her belly fur.

I have problems with the humidity these days.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have central air, but are in the Southern US, I think its necessity here.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes and thank goodness! It's 88 here right now with 95 heat index and 55% humidity. It feels more humid than that though!

laurencoombs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Only in my room. I have to because my chinchilla stays in my room and they need a temp of about 70 degrees all the time. The rest of the family is jealous.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Central air. I don't think I could live in FL without it.

We have central heat too... although I never really saw the point