Queen Elizabeth

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I watched the tv show, Sunday Morning, on CBS today. Almost all of it was about the Queen, her family and the monarchy. I found it very informative and thought they did a marvelous job of showing the many sides of Quesn Elizabeth especially her love of animals - particularly her Corgi pups. She even took one of then named Susan on her honeymoon. 🐾

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She actually had a breeding program at Balmoral. That hadn't been done in quite some time. She had decided not to get anymore young dogs because she didn't want to leave dogs behind. After Philip died Andrew gave her two young Corgis. She still had an elderly Corgi and a Cocker Spaniel. Don't know where the Spaniel came from.

She also had a passion for horses. She used to ride a lot but it has been years since she has ridden.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering who is taking care of the corgis, now? I feel for them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had read that Andrew is taking back the young ones that he gave her after Philip died. I don't know about the elderly Corgi that was left from her original dogs or the Spaniel. I don't know where that Spaniel came from, I wonder if it was a stray found on Balmoral. If nothing else there is permanent staff at Balmoral they could probably just live out their days there.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering who is taking care of the corgis, now? I feel for them.
I read today that the elderly Corgi, that is actually a Corgi Dachshund mix, and the Cocker Spaniel still need homes. Andrew took the two young Corgi's that he had given her after Philip died. Since Elizabeth had decided not to get more dogs because of her age and not wanting to leave dogs behind that is probably a promise he made her when he gave her the dogs.