Products you cannot live without

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there items you buy that you would be angry if no longer available??

I got hooked on using these Jack Daniel mesquite marinade that come in a ziploc bad-just put the meat in them. This flavor isgreat for crockpot roast beef/pork-then shredded for sandwiches. But the grocers in the area don't carry them any more-but my sis can get them in VA so I stocked up in April and she sent me more last week. There are crackers I like that I cannot find anyone.
I found a new heel/foot balm last week at Target-called Flexitol-my days of scaley, cracked feet have gone-they are cleaner too!! My luck this product will disappear too.

So what product can't you live without???

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THey discounted my favourite Wella shampoo and i am not able to find it ANYWHERE

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lipton tea (doubt it'll be going anywhere though)
Gold Bond foot creme.
Cheerios
Mane & Tail shampoo/conditioner
St. Ives facial scrub
Oil of Olay (all of it!)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Iused to buy Kukicha tea at WalMart but they stopped selling it. It was $2 cheaper than my local supermarket!

I get upset rather quickly if I run out of rum. However, I'm not worried about that being discontinued!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paper towels!
I use them for everything!! But other than that I really don't know what I would be mad about them not making anymore. Maybe coke or sprite.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tivo. I love my tivo. And I hate commercials.... now that I'm so used to tivo, I get to fast forward through the commercials... and when I have to watch tv with the commercials I get aggravated over it

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Oust Fan. I love that thing... I just wish they had more of a selection. I'm getting sick of flowers, citus, or rain. Come on now... can't I get a vanilla?

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't even want to talk about marinade.

I have a particular brand and flavor
that I am just gaa-gaa over, and my supermarket quit carrying it about a year ago. For months I had a friend of mine buy it at her store for me- she had instructions to buy all they had every time I sent her shopping.
Then her store quit carrying it. I was reduced to going to most stores in the county looking for it, and no one had it.

So I decided to buy it online.
Remember I love this stuff- I use it for for chicken, and we eat a lot of chicken in this house.

Well- the manufacturer website listed it as "out of stock" and "no date available" for when they would have it again. I found another company across country that had it so I ordered a case, thankful in the extreme that I found it. Then a week passed with no email about its being shipped- I called them and of course it is out of stock and they haven't any idea when they will get any.

I am crushed- back to the online search.
I found a teeny little specialty store that had it listed, so again I ordered a case. A week later no email has come,and my credit card has been charged, so I call them. They say it is backordered, and will ship in a couple of weeks.

OK, I think. It had better actually ship, as they already charged me for it.

Low and behold I got an email this week and it is being delivered tomorrow!!!

I'm not holding my breath, as it is still possible that it could be the wrong product, but I did go buy and freeze 25 lbs. of chicken breasts in anticipation.
I am so excited you wouldn't believe it

The first thing I am going to do will be to make sure it is the right flavor and to check and see if there is an expiration date. And the second thing (if the date isn't too soon) is to order me another case or two.

And if you think for one moment that I am going to tell you who makes this chicken elixir you are very badly mistaken

I will never, never, ever tell, because

I WANT IT ALL!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill

I don't even want to talk about marinade.

I have a particular brand and flavor
that I am just gaa-gaa over, and my supermarket quit carrying it about a year ago. For months I had a friend of mine buy it at her store for me- she had instructions to buy all they had every time I sent her shopping.
Then her store quit carrying it. I was reduced to going to most stores in the county looking for it, and no one had it.

So I decided to buy it online.
Remember I love this stuff- I use it for for chicken, and we eat a lot of chicken in this house.

Well- the manufacturer website listed it as "out of stock" and "no date available" for when they would have it again. I found another company across country that had it so I ordered a case, thankful in the extreme that I found it. Then a week passed with no email about its being shipped- I called them and of course it is out of stock and they haven't any idea when they will get any.

I am crushed- back to the online search.
I found a teeny little specialty store that had it listed, so again I ordered a case. A week later no email has come,and my credit card has been charged, so I call them. They say it is backordered, and will ship in a couple of weeks.

OK, I think. It had better actually ship, as they already charged me for it.

Low and behold I got an email this week and it is being delivered tomorrow!!!

I'm not holding my breath, as it is still possible that it could be the wrong product, but I did go buy and freeze 25 lbs. of chicken breasts in anticipation.
I am so excited you wouldn't believe it

The first thing I am going to do will be to make sure it is the right flavor and to check and see if there is an expiration date. And the second thing (if the date isn't too soon) is to order me another case or two.

And if you think for one moment that I am going to tell you who makes this chicken elixir you are very badly mistaken

I will never, never, ever tell, because

I WANT IT ALL!!!
Fine!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

tivo. I love my tivo. And I hate commercials.... now that I'm so used to tivo, I get to fast forward through the commercials... and when I have to watch tv with the commercials I get aggravated over it
Me too!
I use it to tape bad movies (I'm a MST3K fan and am always on the lookout for that caliber of movie) and to rewatch/replay action in baseball games. I even try to rewind when I'm at work or my parents house and they don't have Tivo!

Food wise I always insist on Nathan's hot dogs. They just taste like beef and not a bunch of meat with chemicals.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty unpicky and I buy things 75% off. I never expect to get the same thing twice because I buy clearance and they are always discontinued.

If I find something I really like and is a really good value, I go back to the store and clean out the clearance shelf, that way I can have things for a long time.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I one thing truely hate is that when I finally when I finally find a bra that really fits well and than they have the nerve discontinue it and the search starts from scratch!!!!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Today's Sponge
Just kidding. (Does anyone else remember that episode of Seinfeld?)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckygirl, I second that. I have DVR but not actual tivo, pretty similar? I can't stand commercials anymore!

I must have Dr Pepper. I get cranky when I don't have any.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep- Tivo's something I would hate to have to do without.
We have ours connected so we can move shows from room to room, and I have them hacked to hold 400 hours each- I can keep everything now!

AnnasMom- you bet I remember the "spongeworthy" episode.

Something else- I love Crystal Light lemonade flavor. It took me years to wean myself off of Caffiene Free Diet Coke, but now I've just substituted a different adiction. No other lemonade will do.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

The Today's Sponge
Just kidding. (Does anyone else remember that episode of Seinfeld?)
Is he sponge worthy?? I love Seinfeld and watch the reruns alomst everyday. God I need a life.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brita water pitchers and filters! We do have really good tap water here, but I'm extremely picky (but getting better). I couldn't live without my Brita!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Luckygirl, I second that. I have DVR but not actual tivo, pretty similar? I can't stand commercials anymore!

I must have Dr Pepper. I get cranky when I don't have any.
I don't know HOW I ever lived without it!!! Now I get to watch what I want when I want it! I can still see all the good shows that come after I go to bed! And NO commercials! (it's only a problem, when I want to know what's playing at the movie theater and haven't seen a single preview!
)

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marmite/veggiemite have to have my marmite on toast