Probably more serious than what I thought...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I haven't written, things have been real hectic (personal stuff). When I picked up Mittens, I've never been so comfortable! He went into detail with everything and told me what our next steps would be if the medicine and new food didn't work. It was truly perfect! He even carried Mittens out to the car after it was all over!! I haven't been at home for more than an hour since I brought him home because of my crazy work schedule at the museum, but my mom called and said he is using his box and when he goes, he is peeing a lot at one time. He loves his food, and she believes it is working! She said she hasn't seen him so frisky in months! Looks like this is the answer--let's just hope!
The urine culture comes back tomorrow and we'll know more. Thanks everyone!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Candie...a vet who really cares can make a huge difference.
It sounds like you have found a winner.
This is very hopeful news.
Way to "go" Mittens.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really glad it was good news, hope all continues well.
Best wishes Anne

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! It amazes me how the food we feed our babies makes such a difference.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mittens is doing about the same. We are still waiting on the Urine culture to come back. They did send a report to the vet yesterday and there was blood in the urine (which we already knew), but no white blood cells. We should get the final report on Tuesday (I hope!). This seems to feel like eternity waiting to see what happens. He loves his food and has been taking his medicine very well. Now...just have to wait and see what the results say and hopefully this will tell us what needs to be done (change meds or ??)....

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I keep checking this thread to see what progress Mittens is making. I'm glad to hear he loves his food. that Tuesday's report is good.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You and sweet Mittens are in my thoughts Candie.