Probably more serious than what I thought...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candi, tons of strong vibes headed your way my friend.........~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Come on Mittens.........

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My previous baby was called Mittens too so I have a special place in my heart for all Mittens in the world. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of you

misspremier007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just read your diary enteries candie and I was truely moved by what poor mittens has been through. I was wondering if you could tell us what happened after your last entry? I do hope that Mittens was able to over come eveything in the end. My thoughts are with you x x x

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by misspremier007

I have just read your diary enteries candie and I was truely moved by what poor mittens has been through. I was wondering if you could tell us what happened after your last entry? I do hope that Mittens was able to over come eveything in the end. My thoughts are with you x x x
unfortunatly she posted yesterday saying that everything is pretty much the same

Mittens

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mittens will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he can overcome this. Hugs to both of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure all of you have been waiting for some update....

Mittens has done better, but still urinates outside of his box about 95% of the time, so we have to keep him confined for most of the day. When he is in one room, I am constantly having to clean up after him. His attitude has changed and he loves to be brushed! Every night I sit on the kitchen floor and he walks over to me and starts purring and we spend about 10 minutes grooming and he just adores that; I think that is his favorite part of the day. We have started to let him go outside more, but with the rainy weather lately, we haven't been able to really let him get use to it. He still needs his yearly shots and wanted to get him a id tag for his collar before we let him out during the day. It's still very frusterating because of no real change in his "peeing problem". July 4th we let him in his room for a long time, and he did use his box 3 out of the 10 times he peed all day....huge improvement. The only thing I don't understand is right after he pees, he scrunches up and acts like he has to poop. Then, he climbs in his box and poops (sometimes). The only thing that I can think of is that he licks himself so much that he has irritated the skin and therefore, gets upset when he does pee (that's why he scrunches up). Once we get him use to going outside, I think he will take his mind off cleaning himself all the time. Once we move and have a enclosed back yard too, I will feel better also.
That's about it...

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update I was wondering how he was doing.

Anne

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Candi...your tender description of Mitten's brushing session, validates every thing that you have gone though with your sweet boy.

I am deeply touch by your love for Mittens.