Pregnant...

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
... not me...

I just got a call from yet another friend telling me she is pregnant... It hit me like a brick wall and I don't know why....
5 of my friends are due in the next 6 months, plus my sister - that makes 6!!!

Is there something in the air?

I'm ecstatic for them all... although I can't help feeling left out
. Bf says "it's nice to be different"
I know that the time is not right for us to start a family and that if and when the time is right that it'll be our turn.

But am I being mean to feel a little sad?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I relate to your feelings, Alexa. I not only don't have human children, but am also single. I sometimes feel a twinge of jealousy when I see those around me getting married and/or having babies.

It is then I remind myself how much I have for which to be thankful. I love my baby girls so much, and they bring me constant overflowing joy and love!

You are exactly right, you will start a family when it is exactly the best time for you and your life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Stephanie

I also have so much to be thankful for in this life, it seems silly to get upset about something that brings so much joy... still - fancy lending me Sierra or Serenity for a few cat hugs?

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I sometimes feel a twinge of jealousy when I see those around me getting married and/or having babies.
I feel the same way sometimes... and then I think about how I will be sleeping at 1am, 3am, 5am, etc... and they will be up and down with the baby. I am so not ready for that. So it makes me glad again that I am not having children.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, hon....don't think you're mean a bit for feeling that way. Even those of us who really don't/didn't want childen at times still felt that way about it....just something about when all of your friends/family/former classmates are pregnant and having babies, you feel left out I think. Cheers for not going along with the crowd though, hon!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not wrong at all. I am feeling left out with my friends too,LOL of course..We are trying..

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats to your friend on her pregnancy..all of my friends are having babies too right now and I'm not...sometimes I get a bit jealous too..it's perfectly normal.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is very natural. Maybe you and your bf need to get a kitten soon? And remember, you will get to buy little outfits for the babies, and play with them. Then you can hand them back to Mommy when they cry! LOL!

I do have 4 kids, but there was a time where for 6 months I lived in a different state, and only saw them on weekends. While it was hard, my sister's kids really helped fill the void. It was fun to be "Aunt Becky" for a while, without the responsabilities of being "Mom".

If you want kids, your time will come. For now, enjoy being the different one!

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel! One of my friends just e-mailed us girls to let us know she and her husband were four months pregnant (she just sent it on Friday). I was happy for her and know that it's not the right time for me and my husband to start our family (plus the fact that he is stationed overseas so it would be impossible, anyway, ha ha), but I wasn't ecstatic to hear the news, and I wasn't sure why. It's not like I'm dying to have kids right now, but when my friends would talk about motherhood, I did feel like I was missing out on the "magical" pregnancy stage (when they giggle like crazy over cute baby clothes and talk about maternity wear, and have that "glow", etc.).

But I think for me, it's also that I think of my kitties as my kids and when my friends have kids, I've got to buy them tons of gifts and baby things, but none of my friends has ever gotten me any cat/kitten toys for MY babies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I feel better about it this morning and feel a bit daft for being so glum last night

Beckiboo - a new kitten... hmmmm - great idea
all I need to do now is convince bf - he is SO not an animal person...

Have a great Monday everybody (I guess yours is nearly over Sam - hope it was a good one!)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alexa

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I feel better about it this morning and feel a bit daft for being so glum last night

Beckiboo - a new kitten... hmmmm - great idea
all I need to do now is convince bf - he is SO not an animal person...

Have a great Monday everybody (I guess yours is nearly over Sam - hope it was a good one!)
It is nearly over, and it was a GREAT one - especially now you said that!

I hope you have a great Monday too!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, been there, done that... and I'm telling you, don't rush it! Enjoy the time you have to bee young and free
because once kids come along, that will really make a u-turn. It's natural to feel that little bit of jealousy - I feel that way about weddings because mine never happened. It does make me feel left out to know that my younger brother is getting hitched in 2007 and all the plans are on the go, to see all of my friends making those choices and here I am, still waiting. So in a way, I know how you feel. Enjoy being different... because kids are really really hard work.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not at all. I have infertility and it really gets to me every time I see a pregnant woman or one with a baby.

I think it is okay to feel that way but do realize you have plenty of time to get there.

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my husband didnt want kids.and as i had already had 4 i was happy about that,now we a kidless,find so much freedom go away when we want,go out when we want.i love my kids dearly but if id had my time over think i would of only had 2.
but dont be left out of all your friends having babies,u can be a favorite auntie,get to spoil them rotton/take them out/buy them cute outfits,and NOT have to get up in the middle of the night for feeds and nappy changes.

misha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband told me that our next door neighbour is pregnant this afternoon & I felt a twinge of envy. We already have two gorgeous children but I absolutely loved being pregnant & having a newborn.

Your time will come.