Pregnant Stray. Need Advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Monday night she went into full labor. She was pushing for well over an hour with no results. We rushed her into the vet. Xrays showed that she had a broken pelvis that had not healed properly. It made it impossible for her to be able to deliver them normally. She had a c section and was also spayed at the same time. Unfortunately by the time we realized there was a problem it was too late to save the first kitten. Mama and remaining 6 are all home and doing well. My daughter has named her Elsa.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes: Bless you for rescuing Elsa (and the babies) from a prolinged, tortuous death! Had you not been able to get her the vet intervention, they all would have eventually perished. Elsa has a good guardian angel. Godspeed to the little one who has returned to the ancestors. ..congratulations on saving the rest of your new kitty family:clap:

Katie1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe that everything happens for a reason. This poor baby needed a loving caring home where she would never be hurt or neglected again. She is soo loving and sweet. I debated keeping her. Now I can't imagine letting anyone else have her. The vet is going to take one of the kittens and help find homes for the others.

Katie1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to believe that anyone in my situation would have done the same thing. Also, for anyone who happens across this post in the future. If you are considering breeding your cat please keep in mind the cost involved. Getting my 55 pound German Shepherd spayed at 6 months old was less than half the cost of a c section for this cat.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for reminding others the cost of breeding a cat! If someone really wants to do the "kitten thing", they can foster baby ferals - the need is so great.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for caring for this family! How are the kittens doing now?

Katie1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did get pretty lucky with my vet. He is amazing. I couldn't imagine taking my pets anywhere else. Mama and babies are all doing great. She is tough as nails. I had a c section with my last child. It took me months to be able to handle any pressure where the incision was. She has 6 kittens crawling on hers. She doesn't even flinch.