Pregnant Stray- Don't Know What To Do

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Great tips from Alpha Kitty - I would love to see this post show up as an article :agree:

Any updates on "Miss Preggers"?? It is awesome that you are acting as her protector :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliviamargaret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your advice and help.

I went home to my parents house for thanksgiving and when I came back she had her kittens
She hasn't been staying in my yard anymore but she comes back to eat and hang out a little
She's much much skinnier so I'm positive she had them, but I'm not sure where they are.
She's been coming to my yard and sniffing around and she posts up at the fence towards where the other neighborhood cats will sometimes try to come into my yard

I think shes trying to see how safe it is maybe she'll move back
she's been coming to the window to eat every day and I can tell she's starting to trust me again

She won't go in the humane trap, she's not gonna fall for that again, she won't go in a cat carrier and the last trap seemed like my last shot ..she's just too smart

I just hope she moves back to my yard with the kittens because I have no idea where she goes when she leaves

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's very pretty. I hope she'll bring the kittens to your property. If you put the kittens in a large carrier, she will follow them inside.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will move her nest soon and if you can offer safe shelters, she will likely choose your yard. Snakes, skunks, rats and raccoons are all very dangerous to the babies which is why piles of lumber and bricks and storm drains are popular with feral moms. The sleeping quarters should be distant from feeding stations so as not to attract skunks and raccoons (to a mama kitty's logic, even the scent of a food or water dish has potential to attract the bad guys :soldier: ). If she keeps feeding at your place, eventually she will lead the kittens there, too. Prayers and vibes for the new little family and you :vibes::vibes::vibes: