• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SAKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4th baby is here!

So far we have:
11am - 1st kitten - grey
11:20 - 2nd kitten - black (this one just fell out and i didnt even notice so time is an estimate)
11:36 - 3rd kitten - black
12:02 - fourth kitten - beige (possibly orange but still wet)

SAKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
12:35 - 5th kitten - black

Shes still got at least another in there. She is so tired I had to help break the cord of the 5th. She isnt eating the 5th placenta...could I just dispose of it or leave it? She is laying on it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she should not eat anymore placentas. It will give her diarrhea.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope she’s done. You need to weigh the kittens. There will surely be a runt or two that you may need to supplement if they are not gaining well.

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww yay! Congrats Sadie and babies! I hope they all do great! Pictures when you can, please :)

SAKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have 7 little babies. All are doing well and I will be weighing them all and will update with weights.
I had to help Sadie out with the last 2 by wiping them off and tying/cutting the cord. I then brought them up to her face and she cleaned them off but was just so exhausted.
I am seriously hoping she is all done. I’m taking a break right now and letting her be for a bit with them.
Sadie has eaten about 3 small cans of soft food.

Apple54321

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow sounds like you have had quite a night and well done. Hope Sadie has a good rest.

Julesif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh how exciting!!! Congrats and great job! I can’t wait to see pics. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations Sadie! :cheerleader: But 7 kittens, babe! Good thing you have a loving foster mama to help you with everything. :heartshape:
Beautiful picture. And beautiful mama and babies. :catlove:

SAKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is everyone’s stats

11am, 1st kitten - grey 111g
11:20am, 2nd kitten - black 104g
11:36am, 3rd kitten - black 103g
12:02pm, 4th kitten - beige 108g
12:35pm, 5th kitten - black 90g
1:18pm, 6th kitten - beige 94g
2:17pm, 7th kitten - dark orange 118g

SAKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will be watching the two weighing in at 90 and 94 grams closely.

I also wanted to write about the series of events that lead up to birth.

Yesterday Sadie had a bit of runny poo but I honestly didn’t think anything of it. Other than that she acted exactly how she always does - sleeping and eating.

This morning she was a bit more vocal than usual but I honestly just thought it was because her food dish was empty. So I filled it and brought my daughter to daycare.

When I got home after dropping her off (I work from home) Sadie was meowing for me from inside my office (that’s where she has been living - a whole room to herself where I am every day, away from the other fosters and my dogs). Again this wasn’t unusual for her as she knew my routine by now and knew I’d be joining her to start my work day.

So I went in and she looked normal and as usual wanted attention when I first sat down at my desk. So she got some love and attention and then usually she will leave and go sleep. However today she kept meowing and staring at me.

She then went back and forth to me and her nests purring very loud and staring at me.

She went and laid down in the crate that I set up as one of her nests and then got up to come and meow at me again. So I walked back over to the crate with her and she laid down. So I went back to my desk and she left again and started meowing.

So I thought “she needs me” so I grabbed my laptop and sat down next to her. 10min later she started having contractions and soon after the first one came!

I didn’t notice ANY of the usual sightings that people speak of. No mucus plug, no milk from teats, no decrease in appetite (she just didn’t eat that morning that was it). All these signs I was looking for and lo and behold it just happened without them!

So that’s my story!