Pregnant Russian blue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

storm winter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all I'm updating to let everyone know that my queen has mated only with my male an is expecting another litter late July early August. The last litter all went to good homes an are happy an healthy

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all I'm updating to let everyone know that my queen has mated only with my male an is expecting another litter late July early August. The last litter all went to good homes an are happy an healthy
This was intentional?? Didn't she JUST have a litter?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, so these here will be pure Russian blue for sure!?   Swell!   Russian Blue rules!
This was intentional?? Didn't she JUST have a litter?
Ouch!  Jen has right, that was tightly, too tightly.  Its really NOT  "according to Hoyle".   Russian Blue or not.   We arent pleased, sorry to say this.   :(

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry for the rant.  Anyway, what is done is done, so its just to proceed with damage control.

Be sure she gets first class nourishment already now, and give her also some extra calcium, as  her  natural reserves are thinner than they should be in a pregnant queen.

storm winter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It wasn't intentional as she just had her last litter in February the vet said that it was ok for her to have another one though I'm not pleased with it either but it's happened. Winter is spoilt with her choice of nourishing food.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy to hear you are spoiling Winter with good food.

It may seem strange that others have been less enthusiastic about Winter expecting kittens than you might have hoped as I am sure that while it was not intended you will feel excitement about the potential for more cute kittens.  You might find the following article explains the replies you have recieved: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/257546/...-of-thecatsite-com-to-owners-of-pregnant-cats

I hope we will be following a healthy pregnancy and straigh forward birthing for this next litter and Winter has all the energy needed for this new family of kittens. She is such a beautiful cat.  

storm winter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need to ask if something could be wrong as I can't see the kittens moving anymore or does this mean that she is due soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It means she is getting closer. The kittens may be dropping down in preparation for birth, and the mama cat may look smaller. It becomes difficult to see the babies move at this point, but this is normal. :)

storm winter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I've checked my cats temp an it said it was 36.8 degrees this morning but when I checked just now it was 38.0 degrees what could this mean ??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Temperature is not always an accurate predictor. Other signs, such as a rippling belly, discharge, a dilating vulva, and intense restlessness, are far more telling.

storm winter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks all I've noticed from her is her exessive cleaning of her privates an the kittens I can sometimes see moving around like crazy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Expectant mamas do loads of licking of their nipples and their privates! :)