Pregnant ragdoll!

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is stressful because we're not in control. We can only hope things go well and mommy and babies will be safe. It sounds like things are going okay for now. How many more are you expecting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has had 5 now. All the rest went okay. All 5 are nursing and seem to be okay

Plain - girl - 100g
Pink - girl - 102g
Purple - boy - 102g
Green - boy - 108g
Orange - boy - 88g

The little orange boy is the runt so I will be making sure he gets nursing time and gains to catch up!

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a random placenta in the bed when she moved so I'm assuming it's the first one as I watched her eat 2 I collected 2 and found then collected another so all 5 are accounted for.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, the missing placenta! Thank goodness. Five kittens! Yes, definitely help the runt, or whoever may get less for being pushed off. I'm pleased to hear all is well. You can breathe a sigh of relief for now! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are those ribbons on their necks? I think you may want to mark them with different color nail polish on their tail tips for now. The ribbons can potentially be a safety concern.

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are velcro whelping collars. I have used them with all my litters so far. They are checked every day and monitored on a regular basis. Nail Polish doesn't work as mother licks it off. I need to tell them apart as they are all white for the first 2/3 weeks.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious, how many mama cats and male cats do you have? How many litters do they have per year? You seem to have a lot of experience!

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, velcro collars. That's better! I did not realize you were a breeder. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 4 female ragdolls. The two oldest had one litter each then were spayed. This is poppy's second litter although I don't class her first one as a litter as it was a single kitten. But she was such a good mum I decided to try again so happy we had a better effort this time round. And then my youngest kitten is only 8months old but will have her first litter this time next year.

I only have one litter a year and poppy is the only cat I have bred twice before spaying.

The stud belongs to a friend. I'm not currently in a position to be able to house a stud cat as I have a 28ft cattery in the garden for my girls to play in I don't have a heated one for a male. And he couldn't live indoors because of the spraying. When I move house I hope to have a purpose built stud cattery that will have heating etc

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Of course they are my babies! They don't go nowhere. They are my pets first before anything!