Pregnant Queen Witch

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cat-hating cat named Kashiin. She's Oriental Short hair mix, and was given to me instead of dumped off. She came to me pregnant. (She's gettin spayed once they are weaned) she's due "any day" from her signs. Her teats are swollen, (though she's mostly white so her nipples are less pink than I expected) her belly is huge, And she is eating like a minimoo. (Though she does vomit after she eats too much) she's been slightly restless compared to the last two weeks (she slept constantly and now she's having trouble finding a spot to lay) she's Moody (one day super don't touch me Hooman Scum! then the next PET ME NOW PLEBIAN HUMAN I love you and rub my belly!) she is also attempting to escape the house (she's been locked up in the house for a month already and is just now trying to plot her escape.)
She's been pregnant since March (she was barely showing at all when we got her...)
I can see kittens moving in her belly, I can feel one rub against my hand when I feel her belly, and she is showing a halfhearted curiosity towards our two 5 week old kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whoops I'm on a cell phone and it multiposted

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forgive me for the multiposts

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's beautiful! :)

I'm sure you know not to let her out. She probably wants to go find a nesting spot outside.

It sounds as though she may go into labor anytime now, if she's not already in early labor.

Does she have a private nesting area set up?

Thanks for rescuing her!

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has her choice of several boxes that I cut up and placed in different places. I don't think she's in Labour yet. But she is acting out. We put all our adult cats outside so she doesn't have that stress, But now she's bolting out the door every chance she gets. (If she wasn't waddling I'd never catch her) but I'm worried she might stress herself out. .. Or stress from us repeatedly catchin her. Plus she is Houdini reincarnate, and knows how to get outside. She's crying at the door pretty constant

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She really needs to stay inside so she doesn't slink off and have her kittens outside somewhere.

Sounds like you've got your hands full! ;)

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely. I have a few choice nicknames for her, All meaning terrible things but always said with adoration
XD
She's a really cool cat. Once I get her spayed she can live outside if she wants.
But with how long I've been looking forward to this she can cry all she wants. No outside until after spayed

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: She looks like someone put a small watermelon in her belly.
I've been taking in some strays (whom I'm planning on getting fixed ASAP) But I'm afraid it may be too much stress for her to feel comfortable birthing. Then again, She may not be ready yet. Still no milk.

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
(Old phone. Please forgive me)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can keep mom in her own room, that's probably ok. Are they all males?

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Females. Our boys are outside 98% of the time.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as they are separated from mom, it's fine. They should not be allowed around her after they are fixed for about a month. They will still be fertile.

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So a strange update:
She still hasn't popped, yet suddenly, as much as she dislikes other cats, Kashiin has adopted the baby she
wanted nothin to do with yesterday.
I've never heard of this kind of behavior with a pregnant female. The kit is a few weeks old...

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Such a good sign that exactly 3 minutes ago her mucous plug just went. Anyone know how long until she starts labour?

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so excited right now. I put her in a box, She's comfty and she seems like she's just chillin

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Labor should start anytime now if it hasn't already; however, stage one can last up to 24 hours.

She's in the home stretch now!

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every time the little guy cries she looks up. She is not happy her adopted son is crying. She keeps calling him and I don't know if I should put him in with her, but they want each other

LadyEnigma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's giving me the glare of death at the moment because my husband said not to let him nurse/in with her