Pregnant Nahla

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry to hear this, but at least Nahla is alright. It might help to get a few kittens in need of a foster mom, but then her milk would not dry up on schedule. there's not even a guarantee she would take other kittens. But it is all up to you and what you think would be best. It takes time, but she will recover from the loss of the wee ones. And it is better that they passed as young as they did, before she got more attached to them.

I am so sorry for Nahla's loss. I hope she begins to recover soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your sweet thoughts. Nahla is feeling better today it seems she's walking around with everyone else for a change. I did ask about abandoned kittens but none are in need of fosters right now.

Stefanz as for the headstone it will just be a flat piece of pipestone (it's a soft red rock that's local) carved to something kind and in rememberence we haven't really decided yet...crosses so we wouldn't lose the sight since it's pretty snowy and icy right now.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sooooo...Nahla went into heat (I think) already. She's been howling all crazy like and rolling on the ground. She never did anything the first time. I've been watching every door like a hawk because my precious 5 year old son likes to let our animals out sometimes i swear it's intentional lol. Only two more weeks to go before we're all fixed... everyone cross your fingers that no mistakes happen before then...

we would still be getting her fixed but i would be o so sad to abort little kittens, but i wouldn't want a repeat and it's waaaaaay too soon for any more of that.

On a happier note i was asked to take a possibly pregnant foster. She has no name yet, and was rescued from an irresponsible breeder, they want to wait to confirm her pregnancy before moving her to my house though. If she's not she will be going out for adoption instead. She is just about a year old and is a gray tabby like my little Nahla. I'm super excited
we find out in a week.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nahlasmommy

Sooooo...Nahla went into heat (I think) already. She's been howling all crazy like and rolling on the ground. She never did anything the first time. I've been watching every door like a hawk because my precious 5 year old son likes to let our animals out sometimes i swear it's intentional lol. Only two more weeks to go before we're all fixed... everyone cross your fingers that no mistakes happen before then...

we would still be getting her fixed but i would be o so sad to abort little kittens, but i wouldn't want a repeat and it's waaaaaay too soon for any more of that.

On a happier note i was asked to take a possibly pregnant foster. She has no name yet, and was rescued from an irresponsible breeder, they want to wait to confirm her pregnancy before moving her to my house though. If she's not she will be going out for adoption instead. She is just about a year old and is a gray tabby like my little Nahla. I'm super excited
we find out in a week.
Definitely sounds like heat. Lucky you, LOL. That's exactly what Elsa did! so happy about the foster possibility!!!

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
O ya and she's a maine coon. so fluffy and pretty
We would be eligble to adopt one of the kittens. They would be pure breeds, breeder had 16 female and 4 male cats so they don't know exactly which male is the father, but i'm sure they are going to be beautiful if she's really pregnant...

trying not to get my hopes up tho.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We would be eligble to adopt one of the kittens. They would be pure breeds, breeder had 16 female and 4 male cats so they don't know exactly which male is the father, but i'm sure they are going to be beautiful if she's really pregnant...

trying not to get my hopes up tho.
Wow...why are you fostering a breeder cat? just curious. God i love Maine Coons. I seriously was looking at them before Smudge happened.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

We would be eligble to adopt one of the kittens. They would be pure breeds,
A nice way of "combining the usefullnes and the pleasure" = do a good deed and yet get something for oneself.

But being fluffy sounds nice. It means also quite a lot of grooming. Unless you are fond of groomin and brushing your cats every day - watch out...
This may be a trap!

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow...why are you fostering a breeder cat? just curious. God i love Maine Coons. I seriously was looking at them before Smudge happened.
They were confiscated...i don't know the whole story but she IS preggo...we are doing a home visit tomorrow so they can bring her over to check out the other animals so on and so fourth. I will let u guys know how it goes. I'm hoping everything works out! I'm nervous about the kittens espeically so close to Nahla's dying...send good vibes!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They were confiscated...i don't know the whole story but she IS preggo...we are doing a home visit tomorrow so they can bring her over to check out the other animals so on and so fourth. I will let u guys know how it goes. I'm hoping everything works out! I'm nervous about the kittens espeically so close to Nahla's dying...send good vibes!
Exciting! Good luck!