Pregnant Nahla

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know some breeders that have kittens due now.
You cat might have very soon since the milk is in.
It could be in a few days.
Good Luck to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what I've heard
but just not getting my hopes too high as I've been down that road already LOL! Got my fingers crossed....

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happened with my Coco.
The vet said around July 26th but she had on August 1rst moving day.
She was so huge you would see her getting kicked from across the room.
Her son will be 8 this year.
I lost her daughter at age 5.
You need to take pics when they are born.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nahlasmommy

Sooo...i was petting Nahla's belly this morning and there was some clear wetness on her nipples!!! She had been lying there for atleast an hour so i'm almost certain it was some milk! Must mean we're getting closer
just thought I'd share....Is there anyone else waiting on kittens right now???

Jess
Yes, I'm waiting, LOL. Oh, you mean on other kittens, LOL!

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Yes, I'm waiting, LOL. Oh, you mean on other kittens, LOL!
HeHeHe
i KNOW...it's been 2 weeks since i first posted on this board and i thought for SURE she was close then. But I'm sticking to the due date Feb. 2nd just so I don't get my hopes up before that...but I'm still watching closely and crossing my fingers for RIGHT NOW!!!
We Will seeeee....

Jess

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...and PS in case you guys were wondering her temp was 100.1 this morning...The first two days she was 101+ then 99.4 for maybe a day (she's not always cooperative so it might have been skewed due to her movement, back up to 101+ till this morning
she was extremely well behaved (we made a deal with treats) today so i'm positive it's been accurate the past two days atleast
....Im keeping a log! Who would have known i'd become obsessed with my cats rectal temp...wow!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending good vibes to Nahla and kittens!

We are waiting on kittens here as well. We are fostering a pregnant stray for the local shelter, which we are used to as we have done so numerous times before. I think she still has a ways to go before they arrive however.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Sending good vibes to Nahla and kittens!

We are waiting on kittens here as well. We are fostering a pregnant stray for the local shelter, which we are used to as we have done so numerous times before. I think she still has a ways to go before they arrive however.
YAY! I'd love to know what her symptoms are and such...since this is my first (and last with this cat) in case i would ever have to deal with this again. Since all the excitement started I have taken a huge interest in cats (was always kinda a dog person) and have applied to start fostering whether they will be pregnant or not i'm not sure but still would like to be prepared!!!!

If you wouldn't mind sharing! Thanks and for your babies too!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sure signs that I've always noticed with the pregnant fosters is they'll lose their appetite about the day before they have the kittens, they become very clingy and affectionate, and also a couple days before you'll notice a lot of "nesting" in the birthing box.

Fostering is a very rewarding experience however it can certainly be as heartbreaking as it is heartwarming! Our first foster had 7 kittens. 2 were still born and another died the next day.
Aside from this, the mother had NO idea what to do, so we had to step in, cut umbillical cords, helped clean them, etc. Now the upside to this story is that her and the remaining 4 kittens all found loving, wonderful forever homes!

My previous pregnant foster cat was Teyah, who you can see in my sig. When we brought her in she developed an URI, which unfortunately passed on to the kittens. (This OFTEN happens with shelter cats.
) She had 3 kittens. 1 died the next day. The 2 left were a male and a female. The male THRIVED, but the female refused to nurse. I syringe fed her for 4 weeks before she died in my arms.
She just wouldn't gain any strength and broke my heart. The positive side to THIS story is that her remaining kitten found a great home with a friend of mine, and the day he was adopted, 5 young kittens who were abandoned by their mother, we brought into the shelter. I took them in, and Teyah adopted them! She nursed them and groomed them like her own and all 5 thrived and found WONDERFUL homes. I knew after that, that with all Teyah had gone through, she was something special, and we just had to adopt her.

Sorry for the long post.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww
wow I'll be waiting to hear from the local shelter! I'm excited to do some fostering even if only doing a few cats at a time. It should be a fantastic experience! Thank you for sharing...I can't wait for mine! Hopefully all goes well.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

No babies yet? :-(
Nope. Nothing yet and she's still eating A TON and temp was 100.7 this morning
so prolly not today. Nipples are HUGE now and every one in a while there's some milky discharge so we're getting closer!

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nahla had two kittens wednesday night at about 1120pm...one little black boy and a gray boy. Both kittens died by the next morning
Vet predicts they were too small and hadn't grown enough even though they seemed to be to term. Nahla is scheduled to get fixed in 3 weeks by then her milk should be dried up. She seems sad and lonely and I feel incredibly bad!

We buried the little guys at my parents farm which was quite a task due to the snow and ice. We made them two little crosses and said a prayer for them. My dad is going to carve a pipestone headstone for them to put down this summer.

Atleast the waiting is over and Nahla's getting spayed. Wish it would have turned out better.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you lost the babies. Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, little ones.

Unfortunately that is common for such a young mother, to lose her kittens or have complications.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm sorry you lost the babies. Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, little ones.

Unfortunately that is common for such a young mother, to lose her kittens or have complications.
That's exactly what the vet said. There was nothing that could have been done to prevent their deaths. I wish I could explain that to her...she seems so depressed!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww sweetheart, how heart breaking. I am so sorry for the loss of those little ones. Being a foster Mom for pregnant cats I have been through this many times myself.
Rest in peace little ones.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im sad to hear this.

RIP little ones!

Contact perhaps shelters nearby. If they have healthy kittens in need of foster mother, this could be an answer for Nahla... Getting a win-win situation out of disaster.

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nahlasmommy

We buried the little guys at my parents farm which was quite a task due to the snow and ice. We made them two little crosses and said a prayer for them. My dad is going to carve a pipestone headstone for them to put down this summer.
I think a nice headstone is the best to remember them and their immortal souls. Very good you are to do this.

About the Crosses I dont know. Christianity and the death of Jesus is mostly about people (=humans).
Although Jesus being also a Jew did talked some about animals too. For example this tale about the shepherd making himself big troubles seeking out and helping home this one astray sheep.

St Francis or some neutral headstone, I recommend.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

Im sad to hear this.

RIP little ones!

Contact perhaps shelters nearby. If they have healthy kittens in need of foster mother, this could be an answer for Nahla... Getting a win-win situation out of disaster.

Good luck!
I was kind of thinking that too, although you're not from a hugely populated state, lol, they might not have lots of orphaned kittens (it's ok, i'm from wyoming)