Pregnant Mama Ready to Pop......HELP!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The sores have not completely healed. She had two very large scabbed areas to begin with. I have been putting the coconut oil salve on them daily and she seems to actually enjoy that. The one scab has fallen off and is healing nicely. The second and larger of the two is healing and the scab appears to be ready to fall off. There is no sign of infection or warmth to either of them. I was extremely worried about them originally but they seem to be healing nicely now. The vet seemed to think that when her stomach initially stretched she licked them raw. I will keep you posted on them!!!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The sores have not completely healed. She had two very large scabbed areas to begin with. I have been putting the coconut oil salve on them daily and she seems to actually enjoy that. The one scab has fallen off and is healing nicely. The second and larger of the two is healing and the scab appears to be ready to fall off. There is no sign of infection or warmth to either of them. I was extremely worried about them originally but they seem to be healing nicely now. The vet seemed to think that when her stomach initially stretched she licked them raw. I will keep you posted on them!!!
That is great news!!! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens usually reach two pounds by 8 weeks old. I had mine spayed at 12 weeks and they were already over 3 pounds. They will still nurse from mom even after mom is spayed. I took my mama cat in when the kittens were 8 weeks old. She was winding down from her first post-partum heat at that point. Yes, go ahead and book. Depending on the number of kittens, you may want to take a couple in one day, and a couple more a different day. I did that. It was just easier for me to juggle pet carriers that way.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great suggestion Thanks!!! I believe she is going to have 3-4. I can feel three for sure but I am assuming one is hiding in there. I can't wait to meet them. We are going to keep one and name it Itzy.....So we will have Itzy and Bitzy!!!

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is acting a little strange. She still has her nightly routine of laying on me at bed time, but instead of laying there she insists on rubbing all over my face for a good 20 minutes or so before she actually settles down. She also does this in the morning. She will jump on the counter and rub all over my face......she is my little weirdo. I now have three nesting areas for her to choose from. She has the original one that I set up for her, the closet has been arranged for her as well. Then I had this idea to make my bathtub into a nesting area. I don't think she will use it, however it gave her a third option. The bath mat is still her favorite spot though!!! I did have an additional question. So if she was impregnated by a few males and different days during her heat cycle that could possibly be a week long, how will that effect the gestation of all the kittens together? Should I expect some not to make it? I am terrified that this will happen as I can only feel two of them moving? I also can feel distinct body parts now. Head and body and little paw paws!!!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are amazing creatures.  The kittens can be born on different days.  Some even a week later.  And yes, there can be preemies who do not always survive.

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Cats are amazing creatures.  The kittens can be born on different days.  Some even a week later.  And yes, there can be preemies who do not always survive.
 Quite right I lost one of my kittens at 6 days old even with hand feeding and getting her to nurse of the mother, never lost a runt (preemie) until that time. I suggest if u dont already kitten milk replacer and some bottles or a eye dropper.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We still have no kittens!!! I am one frustrated and impatient Grandma. She seems fine though!!! I have all the goodies we need. Kmr, droppers, bottles and so on.....just we sit in wait...lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's all you can do! Glad you're prepared. Hang in there! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help help help we have delivery coming first kitten is out but very very thin not finding a nipple active and squealing though how long should I wait between birth she decided to give birth on my bed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! Kitten sounds fine. He should root for a nipple after mom cleans him up, unless she's busy having another. Just watch and do not interfere if all is going smoothly!

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm concerned about him being very thin but it's good that he's squealing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eh, they sometimes look elongated and thin when wet at birth. They plump up later though! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have her kittens one after another, or it could be hours in between.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can't tell if the baby looks premature. Is it latching and nursing now? Mom sure looks content!