Pregnant Mama Ready to Pop......HELP!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No she has not been to the vet. I spoke to the vet yesterday and she said that much like woman cats can Cary differently. As long as she is not showing signs of distress or unusual pain or bleeding she is ok. Bitsy is just uncomfortable doesn't appear in pain and is very affectionate. I will post a picture of her belly when I get home so you guys can see what I am talking about.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So if I am doing my math correctly today should be roughly day 62. Last night at home her mood had changed drastically. She would ask for me to pet her and her belly for a minute and would purr non stop and then a split second later she would yell bite and swat at me. She has not been nearly as active and our usual morning conversations and routine have changed. She moves from my bed to her nesting box and then to her beloved shower mat. 

Over all she just seems extremely grouchy and uncomfortable. She will no longer allow me to clean her rear end. I still feel that she is no distress or pain, she just looks terrible. I have not attempted to clean her belly for fear of being eatin alive. She still has several scabby areas on her stomach where her skin is so far stretched but they are not infected or painful to the touch. I am assuming that these will heal after birth. 

I am hoping she will allow me to participate in the process, we have her on 24 hour watch. Someone is always home to check on her. I am home in the evenings and she sleeps right next to me. I am really hoping all this happens this weekend!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

curiouskitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is very close!! Hope all goes well and be sure to post pictures of mama and her cuties!

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They say cats can give birth from 62-75 days. I have a cat that got pregnant round roughly the same time and she had hers sunday. your sounds like she is not to far off. watch her tummy for twitches and leg streches as that is what my lil girl did when she went into labor lol. good luck and I'm sure all will be good.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@ morganalefae When she is laying down next to me I don't notice twitching only that she breathes differently now. That however could be because she is just so large. I have noticed however that when she laying there, her tail moves constantly!!!

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did the birth of your kitties go? Did it happen at night? I am really hoping that Bitzy delivers at night. I work M-F and I am off at 3:30 so I am hoping, she has them when I am home!!!

kdiamond132

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat does the same thing I think she got pregnant around thanksgiving and I'm just waiting to see when she's going to have them she swatted at me yesturday when I was rubbing her belly

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL Mine full on yelled at me and gave me the *** do you think you are doing look? Then two seconds later she wants me rubbing.......she is nuts right now!!!! We are all hands on deck at my house. My fiance thinks I am crazy. He keeps saying not to worry during the day because he thinks she will wait for me to get home. I hope that is the case. My son just told me that she hasn't moved off of my bed all day. Crossing fingers that it is soon, I hate seeing her so miserable. Also I noticed last night that her eyes are more dialated than normal.

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thankfully I'm a stay at home wife atm and my girl started going into labor at about 11:30-12 in the afternoon and well the last kitten arrived between 9-10 pm. thankfully she only had 6 but atm I'm having to use milk replacer some of the time for my little runt an then try to put her on a tit when the bigger ones are done and asleep. She sounds like she will have them anyday now but it will happen on their own terms lol. I was lucky because my girl is a baby and she started really yelling at me when the babies started to come lol.

let us know how it goes.and I hope all goes well.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMGosh I am freaking out, so I came home today and Bitzy stomach is looming so bad!!! Her sores are bigger!!! I have been keeping them clean and applying oil, but have never seen anything like this. They arent near her nipples.

HELP!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are in the folds of her skin, almost like the skin stuck together and when she moved it pulled the top layer of skin off. They aren't deep, looks like a bad knee scrape. She is acting fine and doesn't seemed bothered in the least. I am going to call the Vet in the morning and ask. It may be she is just overly stretched. That happened to me when I was pregnant.....it just looks so bad!!

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
poor baby. I would see if a vet could see her specially as she is so big an pregnant and then you have to think of tiny nails scratching around her belly when they nurse.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely see the vet. She needs prescription cream, and possibly an antibiotic. The vet can check out the pregnancy in general at the same time. She's clearly miserable to be licking herself raw. Please let us know what the vet says.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I spoke to the vet last night and explained what I was seeing. I told her that I am extremely worried and although they seem superficial I am concerned since she will soon have kitten claws pushing on her belly. She explained that she would be more than happy to take a look at her, however if they don't seem to be bothering her and the wounds appear superficial that it may be best to not put her through the stress of bringing her into the office this late in pregnancy. The areas are not infected. Bitzy can not reach them to lick at them which may have been part of the problem. The vet said to keep them clean and just watch them. She said if I get too worried to go ahead and bring her in but it sounds as if I am doing everything I should be. She is not in pain or lathargic. She is acting like normal fat pregnant kitty. I will reevalute again when I get home. Thanks for all your help!!! 

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am playing the waiting game too with my foster cat so I understand your concern. I don't anything about sofi (as I've nicknamed her) so its so difficult to tell what's normal. Your girls tummy looks so sore . I do hope its sorted soon and that she delivers healthy happy babies soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks for the update. I hope you're keeping her oiled. Look into getting udder cream as well. It's very emollient and bon-toxic.

sillymonkey77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I really thought last night was it, she was really moody, did not want to be touched at all. She was rippling quite a bit and slept in her nesting box all night. She won't eat or drink much. She seems more relaxed today so we shall see!!!