Pregnant kitty, Im new need some help please!

hollycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi my name is Yvette and my darling pregnant cat is HOLLY, she is very special to me as she is the sole survivor in her litter from my mum's cat, had 3 and 2 died at birth, so Im terrified for holly and her babies, Hope it does not run in the family as I would be devistated if anything happens to hollys litter. Anyway Holly has been off her food for 3 days now and I have been able to feel the kittens kicking for about 10 days and lastnight I could get a drop of colostrum out her nipples, it was thick yellow so I presume thats normal??
she had runny poo's a week ago but now she is on pure kitten biscuits(putina one) and they are normal..she has been acting almost like a kitten herself in the last two days jumping onto bookshelfs and benches etc and very clingy, I have a shadow LOL Does this all sound normal and PLEASE can anyone tell me how long I have to WAIT....Im not sleeping at night and have even set up a baby monitor to hear her at night as I have her in the laundry..How will I know when she is in labor? someone said something about a lump?? leakage? mucus? You guys are all so much help and I cant wait to tell you the news WHEN THEY FINALLY COME...waitin waiting impatiently....HELP!!!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Yvette and welcome to TCS. I am glad you found us!

Waiting for kittens can be both stressful and exciting! So, just remember to breathe, continue feeding your girl a good, high-quality kitten food in both canned and dry, make sure you have a suitable queening nest for her to deliver and raise her kittens in and take a few minutes to check out the links of interest in this thread:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74659

There may be a lot of helpful information there, but if you find you still have questions, don't hesitate to come back and post them here. And pictures, too! We love pictures.