Pregnant jasmine

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a big litter! I am happy they are all alive. It may cost you some, but spaying makes the cat content. I would love to see more pictures. Beautiful cat and kittens. Best wishes. Also feed her 2 teaspoon milk replacer, can food and kitten food. That way she won't get too skinny and this keeps her milk flowing nicely. So sorry what happened to this brave cat, but you helped her through it. Thank you for helping this brave mommy.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzysmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for your posts... Jasmine will be spayed as soon as the vet allows her she should never have had another litter and as I said in my previous post the day before she was due to be spayed the vet said she was pregnant...again, the cost of spaying is a whole lot cheaper than the up keep of 7 kittens as u can imagine but so long as they are my responsibility I will do my best by them whatever the cost... I'm not a granny I'm too young stew ball so I'm nanny lol... Sorry for sounding thick what is milk replacer? She's been on both type of kitten foods as the vet said that's what I had to do... They are due to go to the vets tomorrow morning @ 9.30 so fingers crossed all is well... 5 out of 7 have started to open their eyes today which I was stupidly excited about and makes me want to keep them even more lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Don't worry. It is a great question! It is labled either kitten milk replacer or replacer. You can get it at shop ko or walmart. Look in the food area and were you can find kitten heath. You can just look around. Her kittens are looking adorable and mama looks like she is holding well. Great job so far!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What an adorable pile of kittens!  It looks like they are growing nicely so I hope the vet visit confirms things are going well, kittens thriving, and mum coping well with all the stresses and strains of being such a young second time mummy.  Great that you can get advice on feeding and looking after mum to help her through this.  You are an amazing person to support her through this.  I get the excitement at the eyes opening thing.  I jump up and down with excitement over kittens I've only ever seen in photos as I see and hear them reaching each little development stage.  I'll keep the good vibes going for you guys that everything runs smoothly and you manage to part with some of those purful kitties when loving furever homes are offered.  Mum is stunning so fingers crossed.

shunra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weigh the kittens each day at about the same time, in grams.  Most days they should gain 10g or more.  If they are gaining you know they are OK and she is OK.

BTW she doesn't look like a Ragdoll to me - she looks shorthair.  Surprised they didn't call her a Snowshoe...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet. Was she brave during the labour? Did she have an epidural ;-)

jazzysmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah thankyou everyone they are all gaining weight rapidly :) unfortunately they didn't go to the vet as I've been poorly but they will be going 1st thing next week...she was amazing through labour just purred her way through no yelping or crying :)

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love this cat! Is she skinny? If she is, you may want to see how much she is eating. She will need alot of foof caring for 7 little babies ;)

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! Wow!
What a brave lil cat and what a brave you!
Thumbs up for a job well done! Mama cat and the 7 kitties are lucky to have you!

It wikl be ao rewarding to see the kitties grow!

So glad I came across your story.

jazzysmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is eating loads and drinking lots too, she's being a fantastic mummy, she was sick last night though which has worried me a bit :/ is that normal? Thankyou djoe I'm doing my best :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Adorable kitten! I do not know ob the sickness :/ . Is her third eyelid showing in both eyes? If so, she is sick.

jazzysmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another thick question but what is her third eyelid? :/ sorry again for yet another silly question.

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A third eyelid is another cover for the eyes when an animal is sick. You can see it in the inner corner of her eye.

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! They already have there eyes open? How old are they? Some kittens develop faster then others, so don't be alarmed ;)

jazzysmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are two weeks tomorrow and their eyes started to open Saturday but they are all open now :) no sign of the third eyelid thanku for the info though :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Here's to a big heap of happy healthy kittens and a happy healthy furmom now being well cared for in a loving home.