Pregnant girls

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's okay.  It should just be her fluids leaking.  It shouldn't have any odor, if it does it's a problem.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm confused. Which cat is leaking what now?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tabby still

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm seeing her belly move but when I feel I don't feel kittens moving so I'm guessing they are contractions

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens are in the birth canal so you shouldn't feel them moving much.  There isn't a lot of room.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How far apart are the contractions?

Last edited:

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen anymore discharge (but she's cleaning herself a lot so she could be cleaning it up) and I haven't spotted any contractions but she's still just laying around breathing kinds fast should I call the vet

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if they were contractions today I believe they were but I'm not a 100% sure but I haven't spotted any movement beside

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No need to call the vet.  Cat do breathe faster during labor.  Cats also have Braxton Hicks practice contractions like pregnant women.

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty thank you I was just getting nervous I didn't know if it was normal or not

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your welcome.  BTW this could go on for another day.  If she is in stage 1 labor it can last for 24 hours before she starts pushing.

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haven't seen much discharge but she's also been cleaning herself a lot so if there was any she's probably cleaning it up but haven't spotted any contractions but she has just been sleeping for the past few days and only getting up to eat

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The more I think about it I'm thinking she may have got pregnant when my neighbors cat chased her in the house (he's and unaltered male) he gets all the neighbor hood strays pregnant and they won't get him fixed but anyway he chased her in the house on April 4th witch would make her 62 days pregnant I'm sure sure if that's the day or not but I'm thinking it was also would it be illegal for me to set a humaine trap and took the male cat to get fixed? I've asked them many times to get him fixed cause he's getting all the strays pregnant and there are so many around my house and they say its not there problem

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they say the cat is not their problem, they are not acting responsibly, which makes the cat more like a neighborhood stray. Since he is a neighborhood problem, I would think getting him neutered would be a good thing and not illegal. I think getting him neutered is a good idea, but females still need spaying, because I'm sure he's not the only tom cat around!

If your cat conceived around April 4th, she may have another week to go!

Last edited:

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's not many males around cause and male he comes around he fights and they end up getting sick I've taken 3 male strays to the vet from him attacking them