Pregnant girl - Skylark

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice website. I know you will be adding a lot. Especially with kitten pictures. You might want to add in somewhere about which associations you are registered with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK - I am waiting for a call back from my vet for her x-ray appointment. They are probably going to have to keep her overnight they said - as they do their lab work in the morning before they open. Still waiting.

She is monstrously huge! And her nipples are much larger - I felt her mammaries last night and she is defintely thickening up. Day 65 is next Wednesday, from the first day she was bred. Will be enclosing her in her nursery as of this Thursday.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my Coco had kittens she had a ultrasound.
They said there were three kittens but there was 5.
She was so huge also.
I hope everything goes well with Soni.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

OK - I am waiting for a call back from my vet for her x-ray appointment. They are probably going to have to keep her overnight they said - as they do their lab work in the morning before they open. Still waiting.

She is monstrously huge! And her nipples are much larger - I felt her mammaries last night and she is defintely thickening up. Day 65 is next Wednesday, from the first day she was bred. Will be enclosing her in her nursery as of this Thursday.
Why would they keep her overnight!?! I wouldn't let her stay overnight this close to term. While a Mau's gestation is slightly longer, it's NOT worth risking complications. You do not want her getting stressed at this point in time. An X-ray takes no time at all to take and read, there is NO NEED for her to stay overnight!!!!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kittens are here!

There are 4, but a fifth was born stillborn. I don't know what the sexes are yet.

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just curious if you ended up getting her xrayed before hand and if so, was the vets prediction accurate?? I am trying to decide whether or not to xray my girl, Oreo who is due March 18th???? Alot of breeders that do xray have told me that the vet will not see one or two on the xray(so then what's the point).

Can't wait for pics of your new babies!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your kittens.
Sorry one was dead.
My Coco had a ultrasound with her only litter and the vet said there would be 3 kittens but there were 5.
The last 2 were dead.
I think the ultrasound is worth getting.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't get the x-ray. My vet office had me on a call list to bring her in if they had a cancellation and the called yesterday but I was out of town. They called again today, and I said, "she had them last night." I am keeping an eye on her of course. It would be surprising if there any more kittens in there after she already had 5, but I need to keep an eye out for retained placentas. She had them sometime in the middle of the night and I was asleep )=

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH I missed it - 5 babies???? What color (or are they all silvers) and how many boys/girls? And where are the pics????

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can feel her midsection to see if there are any more kittens. If she's not in labor, she's probably okay
Just keep an eye on her breathing and temp, if she shows any sign of a fever, get her in to an emergency vet ASAP.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There are 4 - and one was born dead. I don't know if I could have saved it if I was there - it was still covered in it's sac. They are all silver with black spots, but I am not sure if I should be taking pictures yet. They are so darn tiny, I feel like they are too fragile. She is doing well, and I can pet her while she nurses them, and she is purring and happy.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as the babies are not facing the camera/flash its fine to take pics of the family. I got pictures of Jack and his brothers/sister when they were born (within the first few hrs). Until they opened their eyes, she would take pictures of their bodies and spots....was soo cool watching them develop and picking out the "best" ones.

Especially spotted tummy pictures - they have to be the cutest.