Pregnant girl - Skylark

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only problem I had with females breed more then once, was the nipples don't always "pink up". They do on the very first time bred.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it's a Persian/Exotic thing because after our females lose their milk their nipples return to pale pink/white and as soon as they're mated again they go bright pink
regardless of the amount of times they've had babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is definitely rounder in her tummy area. Kinda looks like she ate a softball.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's pregnant then. Maybe she was a little more confident with things as to why she was on the bed rolling. Or maybe the babies inside were moving

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, she is even more tubby this week. I checked out her nipples are they are a definite dark pink and look bigger than they were before. She is not a whole lot more affectionate than she was before, but if I catch her half asleep she rolls around purring if I pet her. I have been working out the best place for her littering and have decided on my walk in closet. Then she can have my room as refuge from the kittens and I can lock the other cats out in the main house. The only down-side is that I will have mewing kittens keeping me up! Oh well.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I kept mine in the walk-in closet this summer...having 8 of them I needed to ensure their safety. All was normal until they started sleeping with me...yes, all 8 of them. It wasnt bad though because I LOVE the cuddles and the purrs....I feel so comforted by cats on the bed.

My Devons were ON the bed in their hut beside my pillow until 4 weeks old....you will be able to tune them out after the first few nights LOL This was all in the spare bedroom.

Good luck with the pending delivery!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a silly question, and I know that I can take her in for an x-ray to tell for sure fairly soon. Since Skylark is so big at 5 weeks along, does that indicate a larger litter? I have read here about cats not even showing that they were pregnant and then suddenly having kittens.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You still would have the 9 weeks of pregnancy and you know when she was bred. She could be having a large litter. Maybe it would be a wise thing to x-ray and see how many so you are prepared. And the vet too - just in case a c-section might be needed (hope not).

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my friend and I were discussing how big she may get as she has just under 30 days left in her pregnancy. She tried to go under the bookcase yesterday and I had to laugh because her back end wasn't fitting.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An easy way to find out why she's so huge....call her breeder and ask how many kittens HER dam had and if the litter was small, how big the dam's belly got.

My Reecie gets huge fast. But she had max 5 kittens at any one time and so did her mom!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sabre at 6 weeks was bigger than Minnosh at 9. . . and Sabre went on to have 9 kittens!

Be aware that when you have the x-ray done, it will only tell you at least how many she will have. I had one hidden kitten with my first litter and two hidden kittens in my third. I did not take Sabre in for an x-ray for her recent litter, and I wish I had. I could have used the heads up during delivery!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always keep my kittens in my room and my current litter haven't kept me awake until this week [they'll be 8 weeks old this Saturday]
When they are tiny they never cry unless the mother isn't feeding them properly or spending a lot of time away from them. Do you have a crate or pen to keep them in?

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I am set up for everything. I am not worried about her, she looks great. I bred my german shepherd a few years back and was hoping for around 6 pups and ended up with 9 plus one still born. Just hoping we get around 4 or 5 and not 16.. (=

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
16 would be *almost* impossible - my largest litter in my 11 years of breeding has been 6 and my Nana's largest litter in 50 years of breeding has been 10