Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes all of the kittens doing good and nursing momma cat is doing well also she just wants a lot of attentions it’s kind of too much

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s also panting right now and seems kind of restless

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Moms are in a high hormonal state the first 2 days after having kittens, then they settle in more. Give mom a dish or two of kitten formula a day to help with her calcium needs while she is nursing. Nursing is hard work on the body and causes panting when the mom is low on calcium, which can be dangerous and cause seizures.

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn’t give her a bowl of kitten milk last night today she is just breathing a little fast but nothing like last night she’s a lot calmer today of right now she is still seeking a lot of attention she will leave to check on her babies for a minute and then she will come right back to get attention

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At the beginning I meant to say did not didn’t

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just saw a little bit of blood where momma cat was sitting I know there is no placenta or kitten left in there because she got an X-ray done yesterday and the vet said everything looked good is it normal for a cat to bleed after delivery of kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cats will spot blood for a week to ten days after giving birth while the uterus heals. It should decrease and turn from red to pink to brown and disappear.

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat is about 68-69 days pregnant today I just noticed some blood on her vulva does this mean she is going into labor or is this not normal?

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She also seems to have licked her nipple a lot it’s looks really irritated

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please use coconut oil or olive oil on her nipples to prevent chapping. Apply liberally and often.

Discharge is normal as labor begins. A lot of bright red blood is not normal. How much red blood is there? Pinkish, brownish, or clear discharge is the norm.

2mommas 2mommas

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will do that they seem pretty uncomfortable and it’s not a very large amount but it is very red

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You’ll want to get her vet checked if the red blood continues. That worries me. Something may be detaching that shouldn’t be unless she’s in labor. Are you seeing any contractions?
2mommas 2mommas

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did take her to the animal er I’m waiting to hear from them but no I didn’t see any contractions well maybe one in about 2 hours

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you there now? Is she still bleeding? Please keep me posted.

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They said she seems to be okay and all the kittens have a heart beat they are not sure why she is bleeding but they said that we can choose to get a c section I’d like to do that just so we aren’t worried about it anymore but that is so expensive

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much is she bleeding? This is important!

Emergency vets are much more expensive than regular vets. Can you go to a regular vet tomorrow and check things out? They may be able to give you a payment plan for a C-section. It may seriously be necessary to save the kittens, and even mom’s life if things get worse.

2mommas 2mommas

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s not bleeding very much at all. The thing that worried me is the fact that it was only blood like it wasn’t pink or anything. All I can do is call around and see what I can find

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand. See if you can open a Care Credit card or get a payment plan if need be. Care credit:

What is CareCredit? | CareCredit

In the meantime, I hope the blood stops and she has a normal delivery, but be prepared if it gets worse.

2mommas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m still waiting for them to call again so we can talk more because I’m not allowed inside but thank you very much