Pregnant Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Knicolai91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no kittens, but still no heat cycle. Is it normal for cats to not have a heat cycle this long if they are not pregnant? If she is pregnant I believe this would be her first time. I was told that their first time is usually small like 1-3 kittens. She’s not too big so I’m thinking 1 maybe 2 if she is pregnant. I just want to know at this point.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then take her to vet to find out. The vet can feel the babies. Or X-ray to find out (though we hate doing that to moms if we can avoid it.)

The white bit? It would be milk so no big deal.

Knicolai91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Then take her to vet to find out. The vet can feel the babies. Or X-ray to find out (though we hate doing that to moms if we can avoid it.)

The white bit? It would be milk so no big deal.
Yes, I would like to avoid xrays.

Ok, no concerns there. She’s following me like a puppy today.

Knicolai91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no kittens. Still no heat cycle. But still desperately trying to get outside. I don’t know what’s going on.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with doing an x-ray in late pregnancy. It won't hurt mom or kittens and would tell you if she is pregnant or not. 7+ weeks is a good time to do it.

Also, her nipples do not look very pink to me. It's possible that she is trying to get outside because she is coming into heat, not pregnant. If that is the case, it would be good to know, so that you can go ahead and get her spayed before she gets out and mates again.

Last edited: