pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just talked to a vet he said since I don't have the money to take her to the vet he is going to help me I have to go home and check her temp he said if she has a fever its more than likely an infection somewhere he said the blood coming from her nose is more than likely just a really bad upper respitory infection he said she could also have a bladder infection or something like that as soon as I'm able to get home I'm gonna get a thermometer and check her temp then I have to call him back he said he is gonna help me as much as he can.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
K kaylynn pryber

This is fantastic news!

Please clean her up using a bowl of warm water and a wash cloth. I hope you find that she is not any worse when you arrive home.

Regardless, she needs to be seen. I am still concerned as to whether she has an electrolyte imbalance or infection.

You also mentioned that your male cat, the dad, has FIV. She could have contracted this from him. You should mention all of this to the vet.

Most cats with an URI or a bladder infection do not bleed from the nose or lose their bowels, so I have other concerns here.

Her temp can be taken under her front arm and add 2 degrees. Not necessary to do it anally.

Will this vet see her tonight?

Last edited:

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I had the money I'm sure he would he was on his way back from Houston he said an upper respitory infection could cause the bleeding from the nose if it was really bad yes he does know that she could have fiv I did tell him that my male had it and they bred before I could get her fixed he know all of that he said since she more than likely does have it then she might have been fine yesterday but with the fiv it can cause any infection to be ten times worse then what a normal healthy cat can he said he was going to help me as much as he could I only have 150 dollars to my name that I was supposed to use to get my husband food for while he's on the road

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So what is this vet going to do for you?

Is he going to prescribe an antibiotic? Or is he going to actually see her when he returns? Is he planning to treat her for free or on a payment plan?

And are you home yet to check on her and tell me how she is doing? It's been 4 hours since you first posted, and I have no idea what the current condition is of your cat.

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know what he is going to do he is about two hours away from me in Houston headed back he said to call him and let him know what her temp is when I get home I will be home when I get thru in town had other things that had to be taken care of today I had to buy them food and litter and I had to buy food for my house when I get home and get to check on her I will call and talk to the vet first

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As I said before I feel like about ten times I don't have the money to take her to the vet as of now I do have antibiotic that was given to me by my mother in law its amoxillian and I also have pain meds one it tramdol the other one is carprofen that she had gotten for one of hers when he got sick

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I completely understand that you are in town dealing with other things. You are not home to see about your cat.

I also totally understand that you have no money to treat your cat, so I am unclear why you are talking to a vet who is not only not in town, but resides two hours away.

At this point there is nothing that can be determined until you get home and actually check on your cat.

As I said much earlier, please post an update when you are actually home and can see about your cat.

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Because I had called the vet earlier today to ask what could cause all of this and he had just called me back I called them like 6 hours ago and he had just called me back

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm at my in laws fixing to eat supper and then we r going to head home and check on I've got her some meds gonna stop and get some eye drops and a thermometer to check her temp and the eye drops for her babies

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok been home for a little while now had to put stuff up and clean up from my dogs and all that good stuff I took mommas temp under her arm and it was 102.2 I have started her on some amoxicillian

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is out of the kennel and I checked her really close in good lighting it's not dried blood its dried sinus drainage and her eyes are draining as well at least starting to drain she doesn't smell as bad as she did this morning I'm thinking she might have gotten stuff on her from the litterbox but it does look like she has a bad upper respitory infection.

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing fine and no the kittens are not sick

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Momma is up and back to her normal self she's cleaning her kittens and eating and getting irritated at them cause she don't want to play just as she was