pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens will be four weeks Friday and a month old Sunday their teeth have broke thru but they r still not wanting to even try the wet food should.I wait a little longer momma is making them nurse even when they don't want to

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are on the young side, and will show more interest around 5-6 weeks, but may not fully wean until 7-8 weeks. Even then, kittens continue to nurse their moms. It's a process!

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank y'all I wasn't sure if it was to early to try and start the weaning process I guess all I can do is wait for momma to be ready to ween them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bingo! When they are ready it's so easy and quick! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How old can I start litter training them they'll be 6 weeks friday

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And the kittens have their first vet appointment Friday torreto has an eye infection in both eyes titan doesn't but I'm gonna take him in as well just in case he end up getting one

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are eating solids it's time for litter box training. You need a kitten-sized pan with non-clumping litter in case they taste it. Start putting them in before and after meals and naps, and various other times. Take a little paw and show them how to dig. At their age they should catch on very quickly!

The vet will give you ointment for the eye infection. Wipe it with a warm, damp cloth to keep it open and clean until then. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put them in the litter box I have its an enclosed but I took the lid off for them they can get in and out they showed me that but not really interested in it titan was curious and sniffed around then jumped out torreto didn't want to have any part of it they also refuse to stay in their kennel but I make them at night and when I'm gonna be gone for a couple of hours other than that they stay out all day and run and play and sleep

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just keep putting them in. They will catch on. Where have they been peeing and pooping until now?

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Their momma has still been cleaning it up

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a question what is the best kind of litter box to use to keep my dogs out of it or do I just need to change their litter I've been using tidy cats with glade for the past year its one my cats really like because its so small like sand almost do I need to get something else because of my dogs it doesn't really seem like anything I do keeps my husbands puppy out of it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, that's nice. It's time for them to start learning the litter box. Are they eating wet food and kitten chow now?

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a problem with my momma cat and I have no idea what it could be or anything or what to do all the vets r closed and I have no money for an emergency visit she has blood coming out of her knose and her bowls have released all over her and she stinks she smells like death the only way to explain the smell can someone please help me on what to do

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's very loveable but now she to the point where if u touch her she screams and if u pic her up she tries to scratch u and to get away she has never been like this before ever I have her separated from the kittens just in case it is contagious

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really must go to the vet. Sorry, this is the definition of an emergency. Can you apply for care credit or borrow money from a friend or family member?

It may already be too late, but either way she should be put to sleep instead of suffering. Did this come on suddenly? Did she go outside at all? Eat anything she shouldn't have?

kaylynn pryber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has never been outside since I've had her she only eats kitten chow that's all I buy I have no chemicals other than bleach that stays closed and put up the only thing that she could have gotten into was my mop water witch I use bleach