pregnant cat ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes driving me crazy scratchin the floor in every corner and just started meowin like a cat in heat only worst.

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
bout tha same now still diggin around n shes realy anxious shes never meowd n cryd like today i feel so sorry for her...

joanncatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
awww, poor darling. I skipped page 2 so I'm sure I've missed things. Does she have a nesting box?

When I was a kid (before spay/neuter was common) my cats would usually go under my dresser and into the bottom drawer to have their babies. One gave birth overnight under the sheets near my feet. I slept through it all.

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes shes in it now..she just had a very loose stool and is now growling every time you touch her..i found out that the reason shes carryin em so long is because her mom is full siamese..but its got to be soon shes a totaly different cat today..shes so grouchy..lol

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know from the earlier vet visit that it's going to be soon- you just have to keep waiting it out! The large, loose stool can be an indicator that she's making some room in that big belly and cleaning herself out so she doesn't have to leave her babies right away. And, certainly her personality change is a sign. Though I'm not sure what her possibly being part Siamese would have to do with her prolonged pregnancy. 

Some Queens become overly affectionate during delivery while others want their space. You need to be in the room just in case there are any complications and so you can count placentas but keep your distance if that's what she needs. She may not want you hovering and that's okay- it's about whatever she is comfortable with. And, for the first few weeks she may not be comfortable with you handling the babies. This is also normal. For the first two weeks I really only handle them to get a weight everyday. Otherwise, I focus all my attention on Mom so she knows I'm there to help her and not steal her babies. The real socialization begins between weeks 2-3. After week three daily handling is essential. So, it may be hard to not touch in the beginning but know you will have plenty of time to make up for it! 

Also it looks like in the above picture that you had her outside today- no more of that after the babies come! Queens can go back into heat pretty quickly after giving birth and are little houdini's when they want to mate. So, until she is spayed make sure she has no access to the outdoors or to any intact males! 

tjackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds promising fingers x for you its such a relif when its over and there all safe i think the waiting is worse i was expectin peppas for 2 weeks b4 they came i drove my husband nuts ha ha x

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
k..im goin nuts the babies have been movin near a month now shes so big she cant hardly walk yesturday she was actin like a rabid dog today shes just layin around....there must be 8-9 in there shes so pitifull..... :'(

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat needed full assistance during delivery so i cant stress how important it is for someone who knows the ins and outs of birthing to be there. From opening sacs to ripping cords i did everything. It was the difference between a healthy litter and a dead one for me. Have kmr and bottles ready! Have a stiff one abd wait.it.out!! You.got.it girl!!!

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought the same thing about mine, but she only had 5. When she got really close to delivering and was in labor, I could see the kittens moving at her rear end. But I'm sending good vibes and prayers your way! :)

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks guys...im tryin to be patient...lol..just dont see how she can go much longer...maybe soon :-/

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Youll be ok. Itll be all over soon enough and youll realize you worried more then you needed to. Just have everything ready for every conceivable problem. And you'll be great! Please let us no asap

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she wont sleep unless shes on me so its 2am and just look how spoiled..lol i realy love my lil girl cant wait to see my grand babies...prayin theyr all healthy and she does good when her labor comes...i know im a crazy cat lady oh well she loves me to...haha :-D

pixiecat1979

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're all crazy cat ladies! lol....It just shows what a good Mama you are and how much you love her.