Pregnant cat questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She won't stay in my bedroom. She keeps howling and follows me around. I'm trying to put my kids to bed and she is having none of this.
She will snuggle with me and want pets, but will go to check on babies every few mins.
I'll be locking her in over night Her box is a solid 5' high, but I made a stair case for her so she doesn't have to jump.
She does have pain meds, twice a day starting tomorrow morning.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just close the bedroom door so she will stay with her kittens, and spend time in the room with her as you can. It's good she does not have to jump right now. You could also cut a door in the box for her if need be.

Just make sure her food, water, and litter are in the room nearby so she doesn't have to go far. She will actually settle down in the next 24-48 hours.

It's good she has pain meds. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The box she is in has a 'u' shape cut in the front so she can easily get in and out.
I'm out of wet food right now, and will be picking up some tomorrow morning. I was getting ready to leave and go grocery shopping when I stepped in the fluid. I couldn't leave her, and then after the vet visit, I did not have the mentality to get groceries. I am completely out of people food, so the kids had popcorn and chips for lunch, they were happy :)
My fiancee picked up some little caesers on the way home from work and brought me a bottle of Mountain Dew. I didn't eat anything all day, and was in desperate need of food and caffeine lol
I am just so happy all is going well, and will start weighing the kittens tomorrow morning. I've got KMR, bottles, as well syringes ready to go if needed.
I'm still in a state of shock, but it's a bit different now. My go fund me account has helped out so much. We are over halfway to our goal, the total bill was $922, but I figure we can do the 122$ ourselves. I can afford that. I am not one who likes to ask for help, but with four kids needing clothes, shoes, school supplies, etc right now, I needed help. I am so grateful to those who have helped out. I hope to repay this all in the future by helping out others in need.
I seriously have spent most of the day crying. Tears of sadness, frustration, worry, fear, joy, gratefulness, happiness, and love when I saw those little babies with Rainbow Kitty.
It's been an extreme roller coaster of emotions to say the least. I am so ready for bed.

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night went better than expected :)
Kittens didn't make a single peep all night, and Rainbow Kitty has been with them pretty much nonstop now.
Babies are doing great, eating like crazy, and have already hissed at me lol
I'll be posting more pictures later today when I weigh them. Be able to get some better quality ones.
Thank you all for the help, and wishes of good luck. I really appreciate it :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

She's already settling in! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Getting pictures during weighing didn't happen. They were too wiggly lol
But I'm pretty happy with their weight since they've been out less than 24hours.
I got 135g,131g, and 137g.
They eat all the time and barely ever make a sound, so I'm going with all is good in the milk department. I'll still be weighing daily, just in case.
Rainbow Kitty was thrilled about the super fancy canned food today. I had a buy one, get one free coupon. and got a couple nice bed pads for her box. The umbilical cords are a bit long and catch on the towels and fleece I have been using.
I am so happy this has all been going so much better now! So happy!! My brother is taking one of the kittens, I'm going to try and convince him to take two, because they have a 12 yr old cat, and kittens are SO much better and easier in pairs. I think we may keep one as well, gotta convince my lovey that three cats will be okay lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are good! Do continue weighing daily. Better to catch a problem early. Just weigh about the same time each day and record it. They need to gain 6-10 grams each per day.

I agree with rehoming in pairs, and keeping one for mom! I'm glad all is well so far! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)
I've got a ton of pictures I need to upload on here! I tried earlier but it didn't work, so I'll try again I'm a bit.

I did have a question about kitty poo, I found one of their poops in the box, and it looked really weird. It was solid, brown in color, but it looked like it was formed by a ton of tiny little ball shapes. Almost like a piece of styrofoam in poo shape, if that makes sense. I took a picture and will post it if it helps. I have no idea of what their poo should look like, so I'm all paranoid. I tried Google image searching, but that showed the bad poos with mucous or blood, along with people poo, which was something I could have lived happily without seeing! lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's just newborn poop. Mom cleans them so you won't see much poop for awhile. It's usually like soft-serve ice cream. Nothing to worry about. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/371299/width/200/height/400/IMG]

[GALLERY="media, 371301"][/GALLERY]

raynebowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finally got my phone to cooperate and posted some pictures of mom and babies :)