Pregnant Cat Nursing Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pink Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Regarding my daughter, I'll just say that after a surgery, she developed an issue that is sweeping through this country. She has 2 kids and they live with their dad. I love her but am disappointed. I've been here for almost a year. Things are better but it's tough.

Now I have to explain the name Mort. With the original cat, my granddaughter named her Lollipop but it didn't fit her. We just called her cat then after a couple months it became Mama Cat when she was pregnant the first time. It stuck. The first four, born July 1st, - my son named 3, Boots, Oreo, and Little Bit. The 4th one was the calmest and my daughter was going to keep him so we waited for my granddaughter to name him. She didn't come over for several weeks so we started calling him, He who shall not be named, thus, Voldamort, or Mort for short. He's the most attached to my son so we're going to keep him when we move out. He's going to the vet this week along with Boots, male, and Little Bit, female.
The two families now are Mama Cat's new litter (2nd batch) of 5, and Oreos. So far, still just the one little guy.

Pink Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, as for keeping them inside, we tried with 1st batch, but it's a very small house and cooking became impossible with 5 grown cats around my feet in the kitchen. Mama was already used to going out when she came and we have a dog that has to go out. It just became too hard to sort them out at the door. The kittens, 1st Batch, not the little ones, do tend to stay in the yard and they have access to the garage. I've been keeping Oreo inside but she tries to scoot out every time the door opens. Which is often.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. I understand, really.

The issue is that mom could get pregnant again at any time. If you can keep her in a room with a door closed, that would really be best.

Pink Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks to the kind people on this site I know where to get them spayed now. Mama Cat will be going in a couple of wks. And Oreo and all kittens as soon as they can. I may try to track down the tomcat that started this chain and let his owner know also.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would probably see if the clinic you’re going to can give u a live trap to trap him and bring him in to be neutered otherwise he’ll continue making babies. If he has an owner i seriously doubt they care much whether he’s making hundreds if not thousands of babies a year at this point since they clearly have no sense in the fact that they’re letting an unfixed male run the streets.