Pregnant Cat Nesting Question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmk49a87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was able to post a picture of Indy from my phone. As you can see, my other cat is still sticking close to her. Her mammary glands are huge and her nipples are very pink. She has gained about a pound and a half so far. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmk49a87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww thanks :) 
No not at all. If he goes too long without being near her she comes out of her nest to find him. She has been staying very close to her chosen nest again today, which is under the cabinet sink in my laundry room of all places. I cleared the bottom shelf out for her after she kept opening the door and getting in there. Added a soft blanket and such. It is fairly easy access for me and easy to clean up as well. Plus nice and warm area. Indy 

The only time it bothered her was when she wasn't feeling good, which is when I thought she was going into labor. 

Do a cat's mammary glands continue to grow until the kittens come? 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they will get bigger and fuller. She looks just like a cat I owned from 5 weeks old to 21 years old - still miss her!

Glad your kitty feels better and has found the perfect nesting place! :)

Tigerlilly82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this post is from 3 years ago, but what ended up happening with the kittens??? Having similar issues and read the whole thread, but there's no ending !!!