Pregnant Bottle Baby

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about the names from Enid Blyton's Famous Five - Julian, Dick, Anne, George, and Timmy the dog. Not sure about the name Dick though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have decided not to name then until their personality comes out more .. right now they do not show their true character.

Your two are adorible .. i told my husband that they almost look like they could be part of Magi's litter .. totally jelious of that cute little black toe .. TOOOOOO CUTE !!

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We already promised my husbands daughter that she could name the "runt" which there isn't really one .. so she wants to name the only girl *lol* Hopefully she will wait till they have some personality to help her.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah .. the little girl .. *lol* my hubby was like Yeah of course the little girl would be the cryer of the bunch *lol*

She will start going for no reason at all .. and if you pick her up and she doesn't want up OMG you would think that you were wringing her tail *lol*

Magi is SOO upset with her .. she will go up and nip her in the neck lightly to shut her up

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such adorable babies. And don't give up on your "kill" shelter. My local cat rescue has been working on taking over the shelter here. It has been a long time coming...but it is amazing what a bunch of commited catlovers can accomplish when they put their mind to it.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are really starting to motor .. its everyday you see them growing and becoming stronger its amazing .. they now have started running although they do not have it down pat yet .. they get going and run into things or they will stop suddenly and fall head over tea kettle.. slowly they are starting to make better stops though *lol*

They are fighting amongst themselves .. they hug each other .. but have yet to figure out the back leg kicking .. they are not interested in any toys or anything yet.. i put some short fringe about 2-3 inches long along a small portion of our bed .. its long and colorful ( tacky *lol* to be interesting ) but not long enough for them to get hurt on. For now Magi is more interested in it then the kittens. I have a box set up with a towel over the entrance so only a half an inch shows so they can play in it .. and a tissue box ( one of Magi's Fav play toys when she was a baby).

I have them their little food/water dish .. of course magi will not let them have any of the food if i put it out she eats it all .. Darn piggy.. she has really gotten a taste for baby food. I have a paper plate with dry kitten food avalible to them all day long .. they do not get into it often .. but i have seen them chewing on peices from time to time .. but more like they were teething then really getting anywhere. The dry is more for Magi at this point.. They have their little litter box although i put it up when i am not in the room because they are not interested in it yet and try to eat the litter. I plan on moving Magi's litter box into the main room area where the kittens are now spending all their time and taking the lid off so the kittens can get good looks at what Magi is doing in there .. so they can learn to do their business *lol* Luckiy there have been no accidents so far Magi's taking care of their bodily functions and they have not caused each other to go... YET .. *knocks on every peice of wood close to me*

They also still stay close to Magi .. and Magi if Magi goes off to get some attention or food in another room they stay in our room still thankfully.. i am dreading when they start getting curious then we will have to start shutting the door.( except for adventures down stairs to the couch where they curl up between me and my hubby .. and it allows Magi to get extra attention and socialize with the other cats and run around a little more .. i noticed that if i am with the kittens( not just close buy but actually have them beside me or am curled up with them) she feels more comfortable to go eat and not worry about ever peep they make when fighting and playing.. and will keep on eating instead of stopping and going rushing over to check on them.

They have taken to sleeping beside the bed on my side of the bed .. before i fall to sleep at night Magi of course spends some quality time with me cuddling and padding me and getting kisses and rubs.
No matter what she is still my little Love Bug she is. ( #1 is already practicing his climbing up comforters skills so before long i bet we will have a bed full of kittens *lol* .. Expecially him he loves Human contact and craves it as much as his mama)

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont know if it will let me link a slide show .. but i am going to try .. this is their progression so far .. http://photobucket.com/albums/f271/q...rue&interval=3

My hubby says no matter how much baby food i feed them i can't make them into babies .. but MY BABIES ARE GROWING UP WAHHHHHHHH *lol*

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe how big they are getting!

The back leg kicking you speak of - is it like rabbit kicks? - if so, that is how cats disembowel their prey. Magi is obviously teaching them very well!

chupi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oooo they're adorable!!! reminds me of my own kittens <sob> we had 4 males followed by a female with the loudest wail!

You seem to be doing really well, well done! And enjoy every second, they grow up so quick <wipes tear from eye>

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well i definately dont want them to disembowel each other *lol* .. but every time i have seen kittens play they have done the little "jackrabbit kicks"

Magi plays with them now .. she seems very happy..

I brought them down stairs because they are all up and romping and my hubby is trying to sleep .. #1 is once again on my lap giving me kisses while his mother is nursing everyone else.

However i am frustrated over one item .. i had gotten kitten food from a petco an hour from here .. and i can not find any more in the area other then dry .. It is agrivating to say the least.. and i know that baby food is well enough balanced for growing kittens.. My hubby told me to just put milk over the dry.. what would work best in this situation til i can call other places farther around us for kitten food. ( i thought of the vets office and went and looked and it was near $2 for a single can of kitten food)

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The best thing to do is pour hot water over the dry and let it cool, stirring it occassionally. What you'll end up with is a nice 'mush' that the kittens will eat.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most of the kittens have actually started crunching the dry kitten food along their mama.. crazy things .. i have been continuing with one can cat food with an added egg and water to make it runnier or 2 meat baby foods .. alternating days and adding one drop of liquid vitamin every other day as well.. i am thinking of going to stop feeding the baby food when i run out.. but the egg i am going to keep because the kittens are not fat.

Magi has been going through the kitten food like CRAZY and she is not fat .. although she is back to her normal weight .. she was a little thinner then normal after giving birth. If i do not hold her back she will push kittens out of the way to get to the baby food ( another reason i am going to stop feeding it )

The kittens are not very interested in drinking water yet which worries me since they are eating dry kitten food..

They are not interested in the literbox .. other then to try and eat the litter.. *RME* .. they only have their small litter box down when i am in the room .. and have been less and less interested in trying to eat the litter .. *lol* i think they are tired of me prying their mouthes and wiping out all the litter peices

ONe thing though thats driivng me NUTS .. they are starting to want to climb .. except the one thing they want to climb the most seems to be my legs .. and pouncing and playing with my feet and chewing on my toes .. * sighs* I scruff one and 2 more start .. not enough hands for 5 little climbers *lol*

The first born has started sitting at my feet and meowing to get up .. which distresses Magi.. she gets upset when the kittens start meowing for any reason. He is a sweety though and loves to be held and cuddled. They are starting to show a little personalities now .. its so cute!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhh, the wonders of kittens!

I'd agree with stopping feeding the baby food - it is very easy for both cats and kittens to quickly become addicted and refuse to eat anything else.

Don't worry too much about them not drinking much. They will still be nursing from Magi and get their fluids that way. If you're worried, gently scruff the skin on the back of their neck and let go. If they're dehydrated, the skin will stay tented or take a few seconds to go down. You can always use a syringe to gently feed them a couple of mls of boiled, cooled water a couple of times a day, if they are dehydrated.

It might be time to leave the litter box down all the time now, instead of just putting it down when you are in the room. If you're using a plain, non-clumping litter or a wheat/paper based litter, it won't harm them if they try to eat it.

Unfortunately, it's natural for them to want to climb. My solution is to always sit down cross-legged when they are out, so they have no opportunity to climb my legs or chew on my toes.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are not dehydrated .. i have been doing that test not only on the kittens but Magi as well .. just to make sure .. although she is very good about drinking PLENTY of water .. i put her a water bowl in the sink and when i go in there i dump it and fill it again with fresh water.. plus the kittens can't get into that bowl since pretty deep, but they have their shallow one.

I am in the room quite often .. so the litter box has been down most of the day .. i will just leave it down then * nods*

The only problem with sitting cross legged is that i have my work computer in our room .. so i have to go in there to do work .. when Magi comes over Meowing and wanting attention and to be held .. her goslings follow closely on her tail .. then i get all 5 of them playing under my chair and on my feet and chewing and jumping and climbing my legs .. hopefully they will soon learn the word NO ... *lol* although i don't want them to because then they will be too soon grown and out to new homes I wish they would stay the size they were a week ago for ever .. expecially since they were not little mexican jumping beans with claws *lol*

Magi was a sweet heart when she was a kitten always well behaved the only thing she did was bite my fingers from time to time .. never attack my legs and feet.. no wonder she wants held up and away from her kittens *lol* i have even seen her lay on our bed to watch over them as they play .. so she doesnt get pounced *LOL* They do not have climbing covers down quite yet or i would end up with kittens curled under my covers in the middle of the night.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
BTW i do use plain unclump litter .. i worked with a vet who used to say that anything more then newspaper or cheap store brand or bulk plain un clump clay litter was a waste of money .. and using fancy brands with scents to cover up the cats smells did nothing but cause problems for cats .. and that the only real way to keep a litter pan smelling good was to clean the darn thing.

They used shredded newspaper or office documents for cats who had surgery.

The only thing i do is put some baking soda in the bottom of the pan .. but i havent for the kittens .. and i took a little dirty litter and sprinkled it around in their shorter sided box .. so they would get the smell that their mom had been using the litter.. the normal litter box we have is to hard for them to get in and out of yet .. its a steep jump .. one of those closed in boxes but i took the top off and put it in the main area so they could see.