Pregnant Bottle Baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I definately will post more pics they have already grown from yesterday when i took those

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Very cute babies. I'm glad Magic is being a good Mommy to the little ones.

If she doesn't have that last kitten soon, she will need to see the vet.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet said that there are no more babies.. but what i felt might have been her guts moving around in her belly. Magi had a hissy fit at the vet about reaching for her babies .. so he let me pick them up and just looked at them .. he said that they are pretty big for newborns and VERY robust. He said it looks like 4 boys and 1 girl too. He told me that helping a little bit with formula once or twice a day would not hurt them, but would probubly help Magi out.

So tonight i wetted each ones butt and then fed each one just a little bit about 2ml.. Magi was more interested in the bottle then her kittens crying *lol* Silly thing .. i gave her a small bowl of formula to lick at while i was working on the kittens.

Some of the kittens are growing faster then others .. the little girl she is one of the smaller ones.. of course the first one was the biggest of all of them.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you .. these little things are growing at the speed of light .. its so sad that babies grow up so fast WAHHHH .. i want them to stay little forever hehehe .. well maybe not this little but i can see how fast they are growing

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heck the babies now are almost as big as what Magi was when she was 3 weeks old .. she was just a handful litterally.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WEll the kittens are doing Great .. they are well over 2 time as big as they were ..they are very robust and strong little buggers .. their meows are very unique to each of them and they have learned how to Wail as loud as a real baby i tell yah *LOL* When they want their mama they want their mama right then *LOL* ..

Magi is Great as well .. she has started taking breaks from the kittens .. i think that they keep her awake if she sleeps with them with all their kicking and fighting among one and other.

I chainge their bedding everyday because one by one they are loosing their cords .. i just want to keep it clean

i made them a little Tee pee in the closet to keep any draft from the babies and keep them warmer in general .. now Magi feels like she can get up from her babies and come visit me for a few minutes .. Expecially when i am upstairs.

She has even brought the kittens out onto the bed a few times so she could sleep with me because every time she laid down with me they started meowing *lol*

I think that when they open their eyes we will be in TROUBLE *lol* .. because they will be ALL OVER THE PLACE .. i have a bunch of short cardboard boxes ready when they open their eyes to start sitting out for them to use the litter box. I know it would be to young .. but they can look and see what its all about.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by quaint_times

Thank you .. these little things are growing at the speed of light .. its so sad that babies grow up so fast WAHHHH .. i want them to stay little forever hehehe .. well maybe not this little but i can see how fast they are growing
One thing you could do once these kittens are placed and mom is fixed is that you could offer to foster for a local rescue group. I know that most rescue groups need fosters willing to care for pregnant cats until the kittens are born and old enough to be placed.

Katie

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Magi's kittens are begining to open their eyes .. one has its one eye open all the way .. the others have pinholes on the corners they are looking though. I noiced that they were lifting their heads yesterday evening and sort of looking around instead of feeling around with their whiskers ..

The one with the eye open was having some major burp issues last night .. so i need to keep my eyes on him.. he was hickuping so bad .. and then would burp and burp up a little milk with it. I patted his back til he stopped hickuping.

OH and they are also all teething .. no wonder they have been so cranky ..and Magi has been trying to get the heck away from her babies for short times.

For some reason around here pregnant cats are not caught very often around here .. there are quite a few kittens that are found.. but mostly adult wild cats.

The HS around here is mostly worried with trying to get the colonies out of the fast food places where they could be in danger .. and getting them spayed and shots and moved to rural locations where people feed them.

People drop these cats off because they see other cats there and then it gets out of hand with them having a food supply and having more and more babies. It is fairly interesting .. you go to different fast food places and you will see totally different gene patterns .. KFC has amazingly striking tabbies.. Taco Bell has Grey and white Tuxedos.. Burger King has some Gorgious light cream colored cats both tux and tabby ..Another town near here has Manx cats .. i mean you could basically select your "type" of Fast food kitty *lol*

I wish i lived on a farm so i could take in barn kitties,, to get them off the street KWIM..

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For some reason around here pregnant cats are not caught very often around here .. there are quite a few kittens that are found.. but mostly adult wild cats.

The HS around here is mostly worried with trying to get the colonies out of the fast food places where they could be in danger .. and getting them spayed and shots and moved to rural locations where people feed them.

People drop these cats off because they see other cats there and then it gets out of hand with them having a food supply and having more and more babies. It is fairly interesting .. you go to different fast food places and you will see totally different gene patterns .. KFC has amazingly striking tabbies.. Taco Bell has Grey and white Tuxedos.. Burger King has some Gorgious light cream colored cats both tux and tabby ..Another town near here has Manx cats .. i mean you could basically select your "type" of Fast food kitty *lol*

I wish i lived on a farm so i could take in barn kitties,, to get them off the street KWIM..
The problem with that approach is that there is a documented effect called the vacuum effect which essentially states that if you remove a colony of cats...others will move in. If they continue to remove cats from the fast food restaurants..they will be spaying/neutering and removing forever! The best thing they can do is TNR these cats and return them. These colonies will then keep new cats from moving in and it will be much easier to tell who the new cats are and get them fixed as well. Also....they may want to leave signs at the restaurants that these are managed colonies and anyone who dumps their cat will be faced with possible fines. It could also list the address of the closest Humane Society/Shelter for people who are looking to give up their cats.

You may want to check with other shelters. I'd be very surprized if no pregnant cats were dropped off.

Katie

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The shelter around here it is weird .. they do not want to talk about animals that come in .. they do not advertise and they do not want volunteers.. they are a kill shelter..

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The shelter around here it is weird .. they do not want to talk about animals that come in .. they do not advertise and they do not want volunteers.. they are a kill shelter..
That's awful...because I think you would make an excellent foster for pregnant cats. Hopefully the shelter will change it's policy later.

Katie

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I doubt it .. from what i hear they have been like this since they opened .. the HS has tried to help the shelter out financially to get them up to par .. even offered to advertise pets .. but they are not allowing them( although they LOVE the donations but never seem to use the money KWIM ).

It is very sad .. if someone wants to foster any animal .. you have to watch the pound carefully for what you are looking to foster .. and then adopt it .. take it to a vet since they get no health care there .. get their shots, wormed, and checked out.. I know a lady who Rescues Boxers and thats what she has to do.

BTW i know that this seems bazar .. but i sort of wish that there were milk pumps for cats .. because the first milk that has all the immunities in them are so important for kittens .. but for kittens who their mother doesn't care for them or are found they do not get that ... it would be nice if some first milk could be taken from the mama cat and frozen for future use KWIM.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh and also .. NEW pics YAY

New Pics
These are todays pics .. the eyes are just starting to open on some kittens some others have eyes that are open and one shut .. Later today i am going to be washing their face with a warm wash cloth .. to loosen some of the places that seem stuck .. so they can open their little peepers.

Also i started a Growth Chartusing the second born who seems to be the middle size of all of them.. so show their growth yay.. ( i can't believe i got the same pose out of that little squirmer *lol*)

Magi has been enjoying high calorie special feedings everyday for about a week and i have stopped the extra feedings ( of 2-4 ml a day per kitten) because she was actually over producing milk .. YAY!! .. the extra feeding is basically one egg yolk, one can meat step1 baby food, one mini shake of salt, and one tsp karo syrup.. then every other day one drop of liquid vitamins.. Magi Chows this down.. she has not had any diarea from the extra rich food since i do not give her a TON of it just once a day. Then the rest of the day she has her dry food, a can of wet kitten food, and her HUGE water dish sitting about 2 ft from her kittens.. and her litter pan is down the weird L shape of the closet about 8 ft at the most from her kittens .. all in a quiet area. Where she feels confident enough now to leave them there while she comes downstairs for some lovings for a few minutes.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news all around. Watch that water dish once the kittens start moving around, they could possibly fall in and drown. It'd be best if it's much further away.

quaint_times

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a small shallow double dish to put a little water and wet food into .. but then the rest is going up on a desk where Magi can get to it and the kittens can't so that they do not fall into the water .. they are not able to get out of the box quite yet .. a few more days and they might though *lol*