Prayers Please!! Here we go again!!!!!

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.....why does this stuff always happen at night!!!!!!

So....I know I have told you this before...but I will give you the run down.....

Emmet almost dies last November, due to crystals in his bladder......The first symptom was him dragging his butt on the floor, and frequent bathroom visits.....The last time we were completly ignorant to what these symptoms could be and let it go till it was almost too late.....It was a grueling, emotional and horrible 3 weeks for all of us....but he made it through and he hasn't had a problem since......

But I was just sitting in the kitchen, while John did the dishes, and I noticed Emmet went into two different litter boxes in the course of 5 minutes, and then after the second time, he dragged his butt over the carper in the living room...

Now I dont know if this means what i think it means.....but I am calling the vet first thing tommorow, and am gonna try to get him in....or more so insist that they see him...........

I am scared to death....hopefully we are catching it early, or maybe its omething less detrimental, but again I am taking noooo chances...........

He's eating, and he is peeing, and hes active...which is a good sign........

Could you guys send a few prayers our way...My Emmet is the feline love of my life, and I hate to see him go through the pains and proceedures of last November........Thanx

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Of course we'll give prayers for your Emmet. I hope that he is still acting ok means that you're catching it in time. We've had problems with Much and UTIs for years (she's 12 and has 1-2 episodes a year) and the vet has said that she just seems prone to them. We're now to the point if she comes bolting out of the litter box, we call the vet. Our biggest frustration with her is that she can't take oral antibotics (sensitive stomach - upchucks it in about 15 minutes). So we have to spend extra $ for the injectable kind.

I pray that Emmet gets better quickly and that it isn't serious. Keep us informed of your vet visit.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nebula,

I am sooo sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Last year was an incredibly emotionally draining year for me with Penelope getting Pyothorax (an often fatal disease which required medication and monitoring for months) and then, shortly after, showing symptoms of asthma which she was eventually diagnosed with. The result is that I am now SUPER vigilant about any sign of something being wrong with my cats' health. So, I can imagine the panic and distress you are feeling right now.

Please know that I will be sending up lots of prayers for Emmet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you sooo much all of you for the prayers and support......

I will definitly let you know how its going after I contact the vet tommorow......

Hes on dissiloution formula...so this is very distressing.....I hope he hasnt become "immune" to it or something.....I dont know.......

yeah hes acting like his normal self right now....sleeping on the toilet seat...and everything seems fine except that damn butt drag..........

Thanx again....I'll give you guys an update when I know something

P.S. snowleap..your molly and penelope always remind me of my Mabby and Doofus

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending mega good vibes Emmet's way. It's good that your right on top of it this time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will add your precious Emmet to my prayers.
Please update after his vet visit.

Lei

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping it is a false alarm, but think you are doing the right thing by taking him in!

Good Luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanx Lei, Eatrawfish and Pat&alix......I super apprciate the prayers and good vibes.......

He ate real well tonight, and I just gave him the wet dissolution instead of mixing in some dry like i usually do.........
Again he seems fine....but he did visit the "little boys room" 2 more times, thats 5 times in just a few hours....so I think I have my confermation that somethings up...........

I'm glad John and I were able to pick out the early symptoms this time....its just morning couldn't come quick enough

Thanx again all of you.....

kelch23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sending Lots Of Love To You And Your Baby. I'm So Sorry You Are Going Through This. I Know How You Feel About The Love Of Your Life. I Have 3 And They Are My Childern. I Would Do Anything Anytime For Any One Of Them. Keep Your Spirits Up!!! Love Is There For The Both Of You.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I'm hoping it's impacted anal glands.. that's also a butt dragging thingie.. :/ Either way, I hope Emmett feels better soon, and that It's not crystals again :/