Prayers needed urgently

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear she's doing so well!

Its not nearly as important as her surviving and eventually being able to walk again, but since those things look good, how will she be looking? You mentioned before that she was in something of a fragile place, and that the wreck was very damaging to her face, and when she gets well again physically, something like that could be very hard for her.

With all the wonderful things that are happening for her already, I'll send a few more and prayers that either the damage won't be too great, or that she'll find the strength to be very grateful and joyful for a second chance at life, even if its not as perfect as she might hope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is looking pretty bad right now. The top of the cab squashed down and nearly scalped her. They sewed the skin and muscle back down, but she will probably lose some hair. They had to reattach one eyelid and she has staples down both sides from her temples to her cheeks, crossing her nose. She has not seen a mirror yet. She was a beautiful young woman, and looks barely human right now. I am afraid that is what is going to send her over the edge mentally. She is under the mistaken impression that her looks were all she had going for her. She had a rough, abusive childhood, and was still emotionally fragile from that. She retreats like a whipped pup if anyone says anything to her that she has done something wrong like she is afraid they will no longer love her for the slightest infraction. Even though she is recovering from her back injury, I am still very afraid for this poor child.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear she is improving.

I know the scarring may cause dismay but plastic surgery can do wonderful things. Most important right now is the support of her boyfriend. I hate hearing of couples that split because one was unable to handle a situation like this.

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great news to hear that she is getting better.

I dropped in again today to follow this - I am so glad that it is good news. I will keep up the vibes to her and her boyfriend hoping that they make it through this and come out the other end of this life disaster tunnel much stronger and happier.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread, I'm glad Alexis is doing better. I will keep her in my prayers and am sending .

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to her, because our society DOES put so much emphasis on looks.

One of my best friends in high school had a burn scar starting at his chin and going all the way up both sides of his head. A great guy, but he ran into prejudice all the time because of the scar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her boyfriend is several years older than her, and has been a rock. He plans on sticking by her and eventually marrying her. I honestly did not think he was that serious about her until this happened. He is making plans to build her a house, and is having the plans altered to accommodate her. Thankfully they will not have to include wheelchair access, just make getting in and out a little easier.
I just hope that she does not push him away because of her state of mind. He truly loves her no matter what she looks like.
I wish i could go see her, but the hospital is 2 hours away, and I can't get there. She will be coming to a rehab nearby soon, so I can spend some time with her.
I cannot stress enough how much all the prayers and vibes are appreciated. She was so amazed when I told her about it, and that people that she does not know are asking about her. It has been a real boost.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her boyfriend sounds amazing, and he will be just what she needs during this time. Hopefully, even if she does try to push him away, he'll see it for what it is and not let her.

Keeping the and the prayers up for her!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Her boyfriend sounds amazing, and he will be just what she needs during this time. Hopefully, even if she does try to push him away, he'll see it for what it is and not let her.

Keeping the and the prayers up for her!
Originally Posted by jcat

That's a wonderful update. More for recovery and strength to deal with the surgeries to come.
and

Keeping up the

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's amazing that she is recovering so quickly...how wonderful for her! Continued vibes for her complete physical and mental recovery

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just seeing this, and I was so relieved to see the good parts of the news.

I really hope they find the car that hit her.

Sending many for her complete recovery - both physical and mental.

She is very lucky to have you as a friend.