Prayers needed urgently

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an update. It is worse than we thought. She was hit on the front corner driver's side, and overcorrected, rolled 7 times into a pond. The people that hit her left her there to die. She managed to get herself out of the car which was upside down in the water, drag a 52 lb battery charger with her for light, and get herself to the nearest house a mile away before she collapsed. Her doctor says that should have been impossible, because the jury is still out as to whether she will be paralyzed from the waist down. Because the cab rolled side to side, the airbags never deployed, and the top of the cab crushed down on her, almost scalping her. It ruined her pretty face. She had emergency surgery last night when she lost complete feeling, and they fixed one crushed vertebrae. The good news is, she is out of intensive care and no longer requires life support for the time being. That could change. She is a big, strong girl, and that is the only thing that saved her life. A smaller, more fragile person would have not survived.
I am just sick about this child. Did I mention that she is only 19?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be great! Thanks. This poor child needs all the prayers she can get.
She had been asking for me this morning, so I spoke briefly with her. She was not in her right mind of course, but seemed so comforted when I told her how many people were concerned for her and praying for her. It means so much. I told her boyfriend/car owner about it, and he cried. He is just broken up over this, but is doing very well at staying strong for her sake.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a horrible thing to have happen. Have they got the person who did this and just left? I hope so. I am adding my prayers for her

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they have not found the responsible person. They are looking for a blue car with yellow paint on the bumper. It should be very obvious, our cab company uses the brightest yellow I have ever seen.
I tried to call her today, but her doctor was with her at the time, so I don't know what her current condition is. Her mother does not know me and is reluctant to share info when I call.

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi only just dropped in for a quick visit and saw this, and had to add to it.

I am adding my prayers and good thoughts to your workmate and hope that she recovers well.

There is a special Karma that will come to the person responsible for this crime - it may take time but it will come back to hit (haunt) him/her at some point in the future. This person behaviour was so totally wrong.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
19!! It's a good thing she's so strong, hopefully she will get through this, but it will be long road to recovery.
I hope they find the people responsible soon.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my heart goes out to your friend, and so do my prayers... what an amazing person she must be, to save herself that way! I hope she recovers completely, with no ill effects.

And as for the other driver... when is our justice system going to start treating drunk driving as the criminal offense it is? So often when you hear these horrible stories about whole families wiped out by drunks, it turns out the driver had already been arrested for DUI once, twice, a dozen times. Why are these people driving at all? A car is a deadly weapon, and driving is a privilege... not a right.

Maybe we should make Designated Driver a paid profession, and legally require the use of a "DD" as a condition of being served alcoholic beverages.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke to Alexis's boyfriend today, and she is getting better. She will eventually be able to walk again, and they have begun physical rehab already. Her docs say it was nothing short of a miracle. They gave her almost no hope of surviving, much less walking again. She has a long road ahead of her and many surgeries to restore her face, but they have high hopes for her, considering the way things have gone so far.

A lot of prayers, vibes, and TCS magic have once again helped someone in need!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I spoke to Alexis's boyfriend today, and she is getting better. She will eventually be able to walk again, and they have begun physical rehab already. Her docs say it was nothing short of a miracle. They gave her almost no hope of surviving, much less walking again. She has a long road ahead of her and many surgeries to restore her face, but they have high hopes for her, considering the way things have gone so far.

A lot of prayers, vibes, and TCS magic have once again helped someone in need!
That is amazing! I'm so glad she's on the mend. She sounds like a very spirited woman, determined to live through this ordeal. Many vibes to help her continue healing, and comforting vibes for you, her family and her boyfriend, and everyone else who's affected by this. horrible accident.

The drunk drivers will eventually come to know what they did, if they don't already, and I hope they will have it on their conscience for the rest of their miserable lives.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only oddity I see is, how do they know she was hit by a drunk driver, if it was a hit and run?

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that she pulled through!

for a speedy recovery!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news about Alexis!

Just saw this thread, I didn't get to give my vibes but it seems there were enough without me

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mrblanche, the drunk driver thing was the story around the cab lot, but I got the real story from her boyfriend/cab owner. I guess I should have clarified that after I found out.