Prayers for Zipper Please

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Last Thursday, Zipper went to the vet to get neutered. Everything went fine, so he came home. He walked around the house for a while, but wouldn't eat or drink. The next day, he was missing. Everyone searched for him with no luck. On Saturday, Zipper came out of hiding to have a drink. He took a couple laps of water and disappeared. Again, everyone searched for him with no luck. A couple of days passed and he was found! He was hiding up in the floorboards, but something didn't look right. He meowed every time he tried to move and he looked really sick. I put some wet food up there with him to see if he would eat, he wouldn't touch the food.

We all panicked because Zipper loves food, he never turns it down! There was no way of grabbing him and coaxing him out was not an option (he is semi-feral), he is terrified of the other cats, they were picking on him after surgery. Today, Zipper came out on his own to get a drink of water. My sister grabbed him and put him into a large crate with some newspaper, food and water. He drank lots of water, but still wouldn't eat. We were starting to become extremely concerned considering Zipper was just neutered and needs to be strong and healthy to heal from the surgery.

My sister was holding Zipper and noticed that his scrotum was extremely swollen, inflamed and leaking pus/blood. She told my mom and we headed to the vet. On the way, Zipper urinated on my sisters leg and she noticed that it was darker with a redish tone in it. Zipper had blood in his urine, we freaked! We finally got to the vet and got Zipper into the examination room. His vet, Peter, took one look at his scrotum and was surprised at how inflamed it was. He examined him and asked if Zipper had been chewing/licking the area, which he was. He shook his head, as if he has never seen it that bad before.

Peter went into the operating room to get a thermometer to check Zippers temperature. He didn't have a fever, we were relieved. Then came the bad news, Zipper was severely dehydrated. You could pinch any of his skin between your fingers and it would stay in that position. We were all in shock and almost bawling.

Zipper is currently on an IV and is recieving antibiotics. If this doesn't help, he will need blood work and xrays. We are going to see him in the morning.

Please keep Zipper in your prayers and help him pull through!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Tasha, I'm so sorry darling Zipper isn't well, how very scary for you.
I am praying for him, and know he will get through this. Please keep us updated how he is feeling.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh yes - so good you were able to get him to the vet - awwwww poor little fella

when yu see him next make sure you tell him that we are all thinking of him and cant wait until he is all better again

our thoughts are with Zipper
and yes please keep us updated

fesavdme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Zipper. He is so lucky to have a family that cares so much for him and watches out for his every need. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Zipper! Get well soon!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I am so anxious to go and see Zipper, but I know that he is in good hands right now. I will update you when I see him and let him know that everyone is thinking of him.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending healing vibes Zipper's way...poor guy...what a sore bottom he must have!

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turns out that Zipper has to stay at the vet for another night. He is recovering nicely, but he isn't strong enough to come home yet. We will be picking him up sometime in the morning, I will post once he is home.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, thought I replied to this thread yesterday

Sending lots of good healing vibes to Zipper.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad to hear he is recovering nicely - I just know how happy you will be when he is home safely in your arms again!!!

still thinking of you zipper

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to see Zipper today and got some bad news, he is refusing to eat. The vet has been force feeding him since yesterday. Zipper is still to weak to come home yet, but hopefully by tomorrow he will be eating on his own. Keep those prayers coming...