Prayers for Ginger

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Okie89

I would strongly recommend it. In no time, an animal's blood values can change, even if slightly, and the stress of anesthesia can send it overboard, whether it be liver, kidneys, etc. Preferably, it needs to be done within a week of the actual surgical procedure itself, though some vets may take it for 30 days or more.

The clinic I work at requires bloodwork for all animals over 5 years of age. However, if they are under 5, we don't require it. Bloodwork is always recommended, but usually denied, unfortunately... anything to save a buck, right?

Okie
Thanks! I'll make sure it's done next time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

How is Ginger doing today?
Doing okay... a little improvment. Didn't get to see her much today... I miss her already... it's amazing how quickly you can get attached to a kitty!!!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still sending vibes for Ginger girl.

I hope you can get her back on her feet. Bless you for trying.

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, I have an update on Ginger, and it's good news! I took her out today to spend our usual time together. I put her in a room, she started sniffing around, did a couple of loose - not tight- circles, then proceded to walk a straight line! This is a good sign!

So, tomorrow, I will do a vision test on her to see if she's regaining any vision back. Her pupils are responsive, so that's good - it means her eyes aren't totally fried - tomorrow I get to examine her eyes closely and do some tests to see if she can follow an object.

Wish us luck!

And thank-you again for all the prayers and warm wishes!

Okie

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is such hopeful news. Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Fingers crossed that Ginger's tests go really well tomorrow!

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats good to hear! I wish you both the best. (its not always easy emotionally caring for these guys - is it?)

I cant imagine working for a vet and seeing these kind of situations - but God Bless you for it!!!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pulling for you guys!

It was good to see she is improving. Please keep us updated.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending many prayers that Ginger keeps improving!
Thank you and Bless you for all your care for that little girl!

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news!

Ginger did great on her tests today. She doesn't have full vision yet, but she IS seeing shadows, so she isn't running into things anymore. Her pupils are still responsive, so I still think she has good chances to regain full vision...

The circles have stopped completely... she now walks around like a normal blind kitty, and she's VERY playful now!!!

Next step: placing Ginger in a caring home...

So, to everyone who had Ginger in their thoughts and prayers, I thank you all so much! Ginger thanks you all, as well!

Okie

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, that's just wonderful. What lovely news to start the day with. I am assuming you have an in depth screening process for potential adoptors? Especially for a special needs kitty.

All paws crossed that just the right person will come forward.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news - and prayers for finding her just the right home.

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bunnelina

Wow! That's fantastic!!

I think you are magnificent for saving Ginger!
Awww, thanks! She is well worth it!

Originally Posted by otto

I am assuming you have an in depth screening process for potential adoptors? Especially for a special needs kitty.
Ohh, yeah... I have a really good friend who takes care of special needs kitties... she's worked in cat rescue for over 18 years... She's full right now, but I'm working with her to find a place for her... I have a perspective family now, one I personally know and know how well she cares for her kitties.... so... YAY!

Okie

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ginger got a home! She was adopted by a veterinary technician who has one other kitten. She knows this technician well, as she (the tech) has been doing extern hours at our clinic, and has gotten very attached to Ginger.

I did very well when I had to hand her over and say goodbye... I didn't cry at all! My eyes just watered.... alot.....

I'm gonna miss my baby girl, but I'm glad that I KNOW she got a great home with someone that can really take care of her!

Besides... she has to come back in a week for vaccine boosters!

So, again... thanks everyone! A sucessful recovery!

Okie

brookesphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw, Okie - I just saw this thread for the first time...How awesome!

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. And even bigger thanks for taking care of Ginger. You're an angel!

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much Brooke! I'm happy to report that Ginger is doing well! She's adjusting wonderfully to her new home! I'm very happy she has a happy ending!

Here's a picture of her, to put a face with a name! I've attached it.

Thanks again, everyone!

Okie