Status
Not open for further replies.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

Take all the time you need, Pat.
Don't feel like you have to come on for us. We'll be here, thinking of you and sweet Patrick.
ABSOLUTELY! We are ALL sending you LOVE and Support!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to say. When we woke up this am, Patrick was very perky, purring, headbutting dh, so that I felt he'd be coming home and dh went to work. I went to the vet's alone with Patrick, we had a long talk, and found that at least one of his cries is related to pain and to his pancreas(just based on his response to palpation in that area). We are giving him a day or two on a more appropriate food for a cat with pancreatitis, and increased pain med, but I see little improvement as today winds down. I am balancing on the knife edge of not wanting to quit and not wanting to prolong. I have always known when it was time, I don't know why this is so hard this time..maybe because he's just turned around before, done so well with crf for almost 4 years, or maybe I've never had a cat live with me for almost 19 years, and he truly is so special to me.

I decided to post quickly because I know it's hard to hear about a tcs member's cat and not know what's going on. I will post again one way or the other tomorrow or thursday.

Thank you all for your kind notes and your prayers,

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I don't know what to say. When we woke up this am, Patrick was very perky, purring, headbutting dh, so that I felt he'd be coming home and dh went to work. I went to the vet's alone with Patrick, we had a long talk, and found that at least one of his cries is related to pain and to his pancreas(just based on his response to palpation in that area). We are giving him a day or two on a more appropriate food for a cat with pancreatitis, and increased pain med, but I see little improvement as today winds down. I am balancing on the knife edge of not wanting to quit and not wanting to prolong. I have always known when it was time, I don't know why this is so hard this time..maybe because he's just turned around before, done so well with crf for almost 4 years, or maybe I've never had a cat live with me for almost 19 years, and he truly is so special to me.

I decided to post quickly because I know it's hard to hear about a tcs member's cat and not know what's going on. I will post again one way or the other tomorrow or thursday.

Thank you all for your kind notes and your prayers,
Pat if Patrick has pancreatitis, can't he take meds for it? Corkie had it and was on Flagyl, and Pred and one other meds for a long while and food with little fat in it.

I have the Church Prayer group and other groups Praying for BoTH OF you!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat Hang in there ... I am sending stregth to you... i know how tring this is ( been thru it three times)....

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, don't be hard on yourself, you are not making this decision alone, you are making the decision guided by Patrick's Vet. I know that if the Vet said it was time and nothing else could be done, the decision would be made. You're right, it's because Patrick is such a fighter and has turned around before. He's a great and loyal friend to you and you are to him. It's as simple as that.

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pat, we really appreciate the fact that you are keeping us all updated at this difficult time. We are all here for you and Patrick
You are both in my thoughts

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping you make the best decision for Patrick and your family. As a pwner of a senior myself I can understand your heartache. Take care.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update - I know you will make the best decision for Patrick

Sending vibes to you all

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, I know this is really hard on you. And I totally understand. Reading your posts remind me about all the ups and downs I had with both Hallie and Jake. Probably Jake more then Hallie because her disease was well known and progressed so fast. But I remember day to day and sometimes hour by hour wondering what is Jake going through exactly. What was the right thing to do.... should I follow my heart or my head. Stuff like that. I remember every one here being so supportive of Jake and me. And so concerned. One of the things said to me early on was said by Hissy when she told me I had to be strong for Jake. That was so true. And I wouldn't have been able to have that strength if it weren't for faithful members such as her, you and many others. So draw strength from us right now. It's ok.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only recently just starting coming back here, and I just read through this entire tread. I am so sorry about your little Patrick. He's a beautiful little man. I am sending you all the thoughts and prayers I can muster for you and your family at such a critical time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat & Patrick

You both remain in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.