Post your sleeping cat here

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I wish I had a better camera and some better photography skills... I don't feel that I can capture just how beautiful my girl is.
I always feel the same way! Even the pic I chose for my own forum signature, I glance at sometimes and think that it looks nothing like Sophie. Sometimes I think that in the case of our little black beauties, it's simply the highly reflective nature of their coats - the flash reflects on their fur and somehow distorts the shape of them just a little bit (esp if you have a camera like mine, with no "low" setting for the flash - it's like a giant spotlight every time). Easier if you can get a shot without using a flash - but really, EXCEPT when they're sleeping, how often do they stay still long enough for the longer exposure time without a flash?

I have to say though, Holland looks pretty darn gorgeous in every pic I've seen of her!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by at129

I always feel the same way! Even the pic I chose for my own forum signature, I glance at sometimes and think that it looks nothing like Sophie. Sometimes I think that in the case of our little black beauties, it's simply the highly reflective nature of their coats - the flash reflects on their fur and somehow distorts the shape of them just a little bit (esp if you have a camera like mine, with no "low" setting for the flash - it's like a giant spotlight every time). Easier if you can get a shot without using a flash - but really, EXCEPT when they're sleeping, how often do they stay still long enough for the longer exposure time without a flash?
You could be onto something, because I have pictures of Holland that make her look like two (or more!) different cats...

I have to say though, Holland looks pretty darn gorgeous in every pic I've seen of her!
Thanks! Sophie is a beauty too. Love those black kitties!!!

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

She makes me nervous that she's going to suffocate when she sleeps like this with her face buried in the blanket:

I love the pic of her head buried in!!!!!
I can see the concern, but I assume she would move if it's an issue. How cute!!!!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by killerapple

I love the pic of her head buried in!!!!!
I can see the concern, but I assume she would move if it's an issue. How cute!!!!
Thanks. She will sleep like that on ANY blanket she can find. I can't help but worry about her suffocating
even though I know she wouldn't do it if it was uncomfortable.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, so many cute pictures. Most of my pics of Swanie and Cindy are when they're sleeping, cause they're just so darn cute. Its hard to pick one or two to post.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These kitties sleeping with their arms around each other make me want another one SO bad!! I don't know how Holland would feel NOT being an only child, but as soon as I can afford it, she's going to have a brother or sister too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking if Charlie would love to have a brother or sister, as far as I know, "Tisay" my dog is the only one for him...

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love sleeping cats, they're always so happy looking. XD Chaos was like that too...here are some of him. I still miss him so much.

kylew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Franklin & Franny, aka Yin & Yang

Napping during TV time...