Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful to get such amazing cats from the shelter @Catapault  .  I love the recent picture of Mist - I am really fond of pensioner cats having had 2 of my own prior to Mouse.  18 is a fine age and lovely that she is in good health.

From your description it sounds as if Fog did have something of a Russian Blue about him, esp the plush coat with sheen, although none of the pedigree registration history  (and by the look of him in your photo he didn't have small oval paws either!
 ).  It is amazing how many of our blue cats have this amazingly gentle and loyal personality at the same time as being incredibly playful and fun.  

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MServant,

It could have been three!

We moved here with two cats. Once settled in I was going to get two kittens. There were three gray kittens at the SPCA. I thought that I could probably smuggle the entire group into the house (they were just this trio of gray fuzz balls) and by the time my husband realized there was an extra it would be too late. But I settled on Fog and Mist.

It's not the looks that is the deciding factor when we get cats. Personality comes first. And these were the two who were meant to be ours.

Just want to add that Mist is a diabetic controlled by diet. When first diagnosed she was on glipizide, an oral medication. We were able to transition her to dietetic control. And I do feed her four small meals / day, which I think helps. She does drink rather a lot, and pees generously. But when the vet checks her numbers they're acceptable.

Last edited:

natalie708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its lovely to see a cat with diabetes at 18 years old looking so well and beautiful. It hurts to think that my little Luna will not even go past 6 yrs according the vets. This thread is inspiring me to get her another blue partner in crime.

By the way, the names Fog and Misty and perfect.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Its lovely to see a cat with diabetes at 18 years old looking so well and beautiful. It hurts to think that my little Luna will not even go past 6 yrs according the vets. This thread is inspiring me to get her another blue partner in crime.

I agree about the names. 
  Perhaps 2 was the right choice, the third one might have had to be called Smog. 
  (Actually, now I think about it, that's quite a cute name!)

@natalie708  I wish you well in keeping Luna healthy with her diabetes.  May she confound the vets and stay with you far longer than anyone expects.

I agree that personality is the most important thing when adopting a cat, and have always had a lovely bond with the cats I have lived with.  Mouse and I seemed perfectly matched from when he was tiny; his breeder described him as a 'plank' he was so silly.   We were made for each other!  As for choosing looks, I am very 'sad' as I like to decorate my home to compliment my cats and have been working on transitioning my home from brown tabby enhancing to blue enhancing over the pasts 3 years. LoL.  Most people think I'm crazy, I think it makes sense as I want my kitties to look their best.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I once had a cat called Bea who, after a life time of food and flea allergies and all different kinds of medication, finally came down with diabetes at the age of 9. The vet gave her 6 months but she lived for another 5 years. Don't give up on Luna, if your very careful about her diet and monitor her health closely you could have a lot more happy years together yet.

Lots of love and vibes to you and your girl.

(You should definitely get her a blue buddy though......)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I agree about the names. 
  Perhaps 2 was the right choice, the third one might have had to be called Smog. 
  (Actually, now I think about it, that's quite a cute name!)

@natalie708  I wish you well in keeping Luna healthy with her diabetes.  May she confound the vets and stay with you far longer than anyone expects.

I agree that personality is the most important thing when adopting a cat, and have always had a lovely bond with the cats I have lived with.  Mouse and I seemed perfectly matched from when he was tiny; his breeder described him as a 'plank' he was so silly.   We were made for each other!  As for choosing looks, I am very 'sad' as I like to decorate my home to compliment my cats and have been working on transitioning my home from brown tabby enhancing to blue enhancing over the pasts 3 years. LoL.  Most people think I'm crazy, I think it makes sense as I want my kitties to look their best.

I was thinking "Cloud" but actually "Smog" isn't bad either. 

natalie708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys I was being confusing. Luna does not have diabetes, she has a large ventricular septal defect (hole in heart) I will still hope for the best but her prog isn't that good. But anyway that's not the discussion for this thread :)

I am awaiting my friends blue scottish fold kitten to come stay with us for a week tonight, I'll take some pics for this thread :)

natalie708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness.. that moustache! Is Mo a he or she?

Last edited:

momo00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hes a boy thank goodness - wouldn't be the same on a girl hah :)

marlino

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mo is ashtonishingly sweet looking. I bet he will be spoiled rotten. How could you ever refuse that darling anything he wants?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In T.S. Elliott's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats" (on which the theatrical "Cats" is based) there is a poem on "The Naming of Cats." It always takes me a while to know who the new ones are . . . .  I was going to be all cutesy and Fog would be called Phineas (for Phineas Fogg from "Around the World in 80 Days") and Mist would be Myst (for the game.) But that was too precious, so Fog and Mist they became known.

We had another pair of cats that I got from the transfer station / town garbage site in Connecticut as kittens - a solid gray male and a solid black female (well, a few stray white hairs on her chest.) They were named Ashe and Ember, and moved here to New Jersey with us. Both now across the Rainbow Bridge.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Sorry guys I was being confusing. Luna does not have diabetes, she has a large ventricular septal defect (hole in heart) I will still hope for the best but her prog isn't that good. But anyway that's not the discussion for this thread

I am awaiting my friends blue scottish fold kitten to come stay with us for a week tonight, I'll take some pics for this thread
Apart from this not being a medical site: my daugther was given 6 mos at the most to live because of a ventricular septal defect plus several other heart defects. She lived 37 YEARS until 2005 before her overworked heart just gave out. This was before there were all kinds of surgeries available. So you just never know. Good luck with Luna.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Apart from this not being a medical site: my daugther was given 6 mos at the most to live because of a ventricular septal defect plus several other heart defects. She lived 37 YEARS until 2005 before her overworked heart just gave out. This was before there were all kinds of surgeries available. So you just never know. Good luck with Luna.
This is so true, medics and vets give estimates based on experience but there are always individual factors, and changes in medical knowledge and treatments that can alter the picture dramaticly. I know many people and animals who have outlived predicted times given.  The most important things are to remain positive and for everyone involved to take good care of them self, and to make the most of every minute and every day.

@natalie708  have you managed to get any pictures of that Scottish Fold kitty?  I hope your week went well at any rate.

natalie708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Just about the only pic of them together. They weren't super fond of each other haha :p

Please excuse the mess on the floor in the second picture.. it's not what it looks like!

Charlie probably technically doesn't belong here... she is either a dilute tortie and white, or a dilute calico.. not sure.. but she is mostly blue and very cute!

Last edited:

natalie708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bugsy your blue cat is beautiful! I love his little white locket on his chest!

Thanks for the reassurance regarding the medical stuff too guys :)